• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing "Copy Layer Style" in CC 2017

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the "Layer/Layer Style/Copy Layer Style" command is missing in the menu.

Untitled-2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meanwhile, if you want to copy a layer style to another layer (and you didn't know), hold down Opt (Alt on Windows) + click and drag to the desired layer; release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also right click on the layer in the layer panel to copy the style. That's what I've always done, and seems faster than using the main menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, right click on the layer as well as Alt-Drag are my alternatives. The reason I'm looking for the command in the menu, is for the ability to add a shortcut. In my workflow I constantly copy&paste layer filters and I find it easier with shortcuts. Looking forward for the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also install and use 2015.5 until then.

Install a previous version of any Creative Cloud application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU for that tip! I was going nuts trying to find "copy layer style" too. Glad there's a work-around until the bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is a little embarrassing but it was moved. We will be moving it back. In the mean time, it's under Edit/Copy Special/Copy Layer Styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I realized it was missing when resetting my keyboard shortcuts. Use it all the time so thanks for the heads up on where to find it to set the shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in the latest update of Photoshop (2017.0.1).

See New features summary for the 2017 release of Photoshop CC

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not seeing any updates within the latest version of Photoshop CC. I purchased a new MacBook Pro at the beginning of January and installed the creative suite, which included photoshop. I would expect that based on what you said in December, it would be there, but it is not. Is there a work around? When I create layers on one document and want to put them on another document, I am not able to. This is beyond frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of CC 2017.0.1 (be sure you have it)

Apply your Layer style and right or ctrl click on that layer. You may have to scroll down the Context menu a bit, but it is there.

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 11.04.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get an answer on this? I'm having the same problem and it's killing me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Post 12, you can now go to the Layer Panel and right-click on "fx" to get the correct menu in CC 2017.1 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was fixed in one of the photoshop 2017 updates and is also present in photoshop cc 2018.

If your using photoshop cc 2017, go to Help>System Info and make sure you have Photoshop Version 2017.1.2.

If not go to Help>Updates to get it.

Photoshop CC 2017.1.2

2017.jpg

Photoshop CC 2018.1

2018.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot man . this is so helpful for me. I'm using a lot this feature so anyway thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Photoshop does not for all user

more Lag

more big size

more Crash

and more feature for toy's and show boy not for true hard work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines