Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixer Brush not working properly?

Explorer ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm actually not really sure if this is an issue, but can the mixer brush tool have settings saved into it? Like paint brushes? Or do you literally have to alter the settings every single time you select a new brush?

No matter which brush I select every brush keeps mimicking the tool/brush settings from the brush before. The brush tip/texture remains unique, but the opacity/wet/flow/load/mix etc are remaining the same for every brush I have, unless I manually change it every single time I select a new brush - despite every brush originally having different settings saved into them...

I have also spent quite a lot of money purchasing brushes from others over the years, all of which have their own brush settings (which I suspect is the point of creating a new brush) but now every brush remains the same, so it's hard to get/know the effect the creator intended...so if I'm using a brush and change the settings to suit, if I click away to a different brush it will just take on the settings of the previous brush, rather than change to the settings it was created with - Sorry to repeat..it's a bit hard to explain properly! 

Is this normal? It's making work so slow, I thougth the point of creating new brushes was that the settings saved with it, it's really hard to remember all the preferred settings for so many brushes, and having to change them every single time I change brushes is frustrating. 

I swear this wasn't always the case? I had major issues with my brushes the other month where this exact thing was happening but with my paint brushes, literally every brush took on the settings of the brush prior making every brush pretty useless, I uninstalled photoshop, re-installed and that helped. Now it's happening to the mixer brushes and uninstalling/re-installing didn't help. Is this a bug? I've tried older versions of photoshop as well and nothing is helping this time...

I just havn't used the mixer brush tool much so I genuinely don't know if this is a bug (like before) or normal? 

*Using up-to-date photoshop 21.1.3 & iMac Catalina 10.15.4 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?