• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mockups for Smartphone with multiple layers

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, first time posting here, id like rto ask a question that i'm sure has a very simple answer but would be very grateful for any advice/guidance.

I have a file containing several layers which have different views of a smartphone.

We use these to showcase phone cases on the latest smartphone devices.
I vaguely understand how to create a mockup on the indivdual layers however I know there is a way to have one master layer which will have a 'Artwork goes here' layer that will then apply to every individual layer and the various different views of the phone case will all have the artwork correctly showing having only had to upload the one file to the main mockup layer.

So, now i have struggled to explain that as well as i hoped, can anyone shed any light on how to achieve this please?

I have attached some images showing the various layers I have to work with, and than two further images showing the Add Art Here layer and the finished artwork and what i require, hope to achieve, hope this makes sense.Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 10.15.58.pngScreenshot 2022-02-03 at 10.16.23.pngScreenshot 2022-02-03 at 10.16.58.pngScreenshot 2022-02-03 at 10.17.27.pngScreenshot 2022-02-03 at 10.18.26.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Smart Objects 

• Smart Objects 

• Smart Objects 

Make sure to always create the alternative design in the exact same dimensions and resolution as the original Smart Object, otherwise replacing its content might result in the content »jumping«. 

In this specific case, though, simple transformations and warping may not suffice and the round edges may make it necessary to use Smart Filters (Liquify, Displace, …) to emulate their effect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response.

What i am hoping to learn is how to have just one layer 'place artwork here' and how that then translates to all of the layers simultaneously so i dont have to create the place artwork here layer on every single layer/image

Appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Smart Objects! 

Place the design as a Smart Object, make as many instances of it as you need (Layer > New > Layer Via Copy) and transform and mask them to the various phone-images. 

Then when you replace the SO or open+edit+save it all the instances in the file will update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines