modify psd automatically on server

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I want to build a web apps where user can:

1 - send his image file

2 - the server can take this image file, convert it in layer and replace a specific layer in psd file ( the psd file is always present on server )

3 - the server should export this new psd file to pdf file

4 - the server return the result to client and client can download it.

All this without human intervention ( is on server )

So, i want to know if this is possible with adobe Scripting or other adobe product ? If yes, can you give me some links to help me?

Thank.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe that would violate the agreement you entered into with Adobe.  Making Photoshop a web service is not approbate

Legal Terms of Use | Adobe

6. User Conduct.

6.1 Responsible Use. The Adobe communities often consist of users who expect a certain degree of courtesy and professionalism. You must use the Services and Software responsibly.

6.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services or Software. For example, you must not:

(a) copy, modify, host, stream, sublicense, or resell the Services or Software;

(b) enable or allow others to use the Services or Software using your account information;

(c) use the Software to construct any kind of database;

(d) access or attempt to access the Services or Software by any means other than the interface we provide or authorize;

(e) circumvent any access or use restrictions put into place to prevent certain uses of the Services or Software;

(f) share Content, or engage in behavior that violates anyone’s intellectual property rights (“Intellectual Property Rights” means copyright, moral rights, trademark, trade dress, patent, trade secret, unfair competition, right of privacy, right of publicity, and any other proprietary rights);

(g) upload or share any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, lewd, profane, invasive of another’s privacy, or hateful;

(h) impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;

attempt to disable, impair, or destroy the Services and Software;

(j) upload, transmit, store, or make available any Content or code that contains any viruses, malicious code, malware, or any components designed to harm or limit the functionality of the Services or Software;

(k) disrupt, interfere with, or inhibit any other user from using the Services or Software (such as stalking, intimidating, or harassing others, inciting others to commit violence, or harming minors in any way);

(l) engage in chain letters, junk mails, pyramid schemes, phishing, spamming, or other unsolicited messages;

(m) place an advertisement of any products or services in the Services except with our prior written approval;

(n) use any data mining or similar data gathering and extraction methods in connection with the Services; or

(o) violate applicable law (including, but not limited to, where applicable, COPPA).

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank. But i need a service like this and i don't have a problems to pay for it. Adobe don't have this kind of service or license ?

The service can be hosted by adobe and i simply use to do that i want and pay for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum you would need to contact Adobe to see if they would be interested in providing such a service.  I do not think they would be. You will probably have to develop a batch process you can use with you subscription.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I understand that this is a post from 2 years ago. Is this still something that you're interested in?

Ben Zuidwijk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do what you described by Photoshop together with Bridge (that is free Adobe app.) and that it seems wasn't against Adobe rules: webaccesslib: No longer available in version 11 or higher?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never used it, but it looks to me as if webaccesslib was a way to let Bridge connect to a web site for any purpose. Not a way to run it on a web server. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you are right because I did not focus enough on the idea, but what I know when on server is some listener script set on, then it may catch being uploaded file to trigger some action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work for Adobe.

I don't know why this kind of events are not available also in Europe or Asia and not only in the US.

https://medium.com/adobetech/creative-developers-summit-2018-speaker-line-up-5749eda527e7

Like the press industry, who has big clients and big money to make things move forward on Adobe new products, they already have Indesign Server product available:

Document layout design and automated publishing software | Adobe InDesign CC Server

Photoshop Server is talked already at Adobe as a possible service to provide in future, but I think it would be available only with few photoshop integrations, only the basic ones.

It depends on the product and money entered. And we are few people in the overall to need Photoshop on a Server.

Let's hope for the best.

If only some photographers were also inclined to be script developers, this world would be better 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have noticed Adobe employees also read this forum. This is mostly for support questions: to help users if things don't work as designed.
To influence the way Adobe develops their products, Uservoice is a better platform: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines