Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monitor profile is defective

Participant ,
Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single time I power up CS5 I get an error :

"The monitor profile "Samsung - Natural Color Pro 1.0 ICM" appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software.

No other application complain about this.

The monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 226CW

If I go .. Control Panels \ Color Management

I can see that there is a profile "Samsung Natural Color Pro 1.0 ICM (default) file SM226CWicm

It is the ONLY profile listed.

As per a previous post here ... I followed advice to delete the profile ..

I delete it ... I am then prompted to chose a new profile .....from the list shown there is the "Samsung Natural Color Pro 1.0 ICM"

I select that.

Then next time I start CS ... same error message again.

How do I fix this ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Before you delete the profile, click the Add button at the lower-left and scroll down a little ways choose the one with Name: sRGB IEC6196602.1, Filename: sRGB Color Space Profile.icm

Then delete the Samsung profile and select the sRGB profile and set it as the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• You made a 1 in 7 spelling error transcribing a name from a few inches away on the screen.  14.2857 (repeating digits) percent failure.

• When that word is corrected in the obvious way, you got the entire concept of your post wrong (near as I can see, Morstreng DID respond to the proper thread - his comments are perfectly reasonable and welcome here).  ANOTHER 100 percent failure.

I don't believe I did the math wrong.  14% or even 100% is "fail".  114% is "epic fail".

Another math problem that might be interesting to work through is to calculate the overall helpfulness of Lundberg02's posts using his post count and accumulated points. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey you two! Get a room!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual error rate is 2.56% rounded up, or one in 39. The apriori probability that any post by anyone is wrong is 50%. Therefore the apriori probability that my post would be wrong AND that I would make a 1 in 39 symbol error is 1.28%, since the probabilitries are independent (uncorrelated). The set "I am wrong", and the set, "I make a symbol error" are disjoint.

I think I can make the statement that a 114% failure rate has no meaning, without loss of generality.

For the record, I thought at first glance Morfsplungenfahrt was talking about the  "file has been changed" thread, and the whole thing was so unimportant that I didn't proof my response.

For all you newbies (Noel), I have been in the Photoshop forums since 1996.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would that be a ''chat room'', Lawrence? 

Iceberg02, it's interesting that you didn't consider the ''whole thing'' so unimportant as not to reply with a meaningless post that wasted everyone's time.  Besides, I forgot to subtract another 200% for using the wrong kind of computer. 

Oh, so now it's who's a ''who's got the bigger experience'' competition?  Watch out, you might not want to go there - I'm Italian. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Would that be a ''chat room'', Lawrence?"

No, a brat room. There you can both feast on bratworst!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we fools can't spar verbally on this day of days, when can we spar?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spar(e) me the agony!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines