and I cant use the move tool

can enyone help?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Hi

You're working on an Index layer, try changing it to RGB Color

2022-12-25 12_19_26-Window.png

2022-12-25 12_12_18-Untitled-2 @ 50% (Layer 1, RGB_8) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to move because there's no layer or selection. You may want to start at the beginning and learn the basics.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/user-guide.html

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mylenium maybe you should look at the screenshot before replying with your slightly condescending reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You're working on an Index layer, try changing it to RGB Color

2022-12-25 12_19_26-Window.png

2022-12-25 12_12_18-Untitled-2 @ 50% (Layer 1, RGB_8) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank that's worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I ask a lot
Thank you for your help

When I import a transparency file and I want to enter a new document, the background with the logo is also entered into the document.

I tried with the lasso tool, but it didn't work
Remove the background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no problem to ask, we're hear to help, when you have your selection made, hit Ctrl + J to copy it to it's own layer, you should have a new layer with a transparent background, then you can drag the logo into another document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know
But where should I hit ctrl+j?
And where should I create the transparency layer?

I am so sorry foraskingk a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlock layer. Toggle on pallet. 

Okay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ElizabethOOOG you can't unlock an Index layer, it has to be converted to another format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged, I haven't worked ouut why the thumbnail shows content but the document window is empty (full white).  I can't say that I have much experience with Index Colour, but I tried to duplicate it and mine looks exactly as expected.

image.png

I am able to move the layer though.  AFAICT from the screen shot the image is zoomed to 100% so it's not like the content is hidden offscreen. 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if the screenshot showing the white canvas is a function of how it was taken. It appears that there are two files open: download.png and Untitled-1 where download.png is the indexed color file and Untitled-1 is an RGB file. If the screenshot was taken as the user was switching between files and the screen was slow to redraw, then we may be seeing the canvas from Untitled 1 and the Layers panel from download.png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Myra Ferguson the OP was trying to drag the Index logo into the untitled document, alas the screenshot posted doesn't show the forbidden symbol which happens when you try to do what the OP was trying, try it youself and you'll see what happens, the Index layer will still show in the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows when I try it, I get a few different results:

• If I drag the index layer to the tab of the Untitled-1 document, I can see the white canvas and the index layer.
  • If I release the layer, then Photoshop just shows the white canvas and its Background layer.
  • If I drag the index layer to the tab and then down to the canvas, I get the "Could not duplicate the leayer because the source document is in Indexed mode" message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines