• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move tool vs free transform

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my PC and loaded the new PS. After using any tool I always do a "V" to get out any tool that have a habbit of giving me grief. Now going to the move tool activates Free Transform and I cannot dismiss it using the normal key strokes; ESC, Ctrrl-D, or Enter. What's going on and how do I fix it or get around this issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like corrupt preferences. V has always been the move tool.

You can either ctrl+shift+alt when launching, or click "reset preferences on quit" in the Preferences dialog.

When resetting preferences make sure you have saved out actions, brushes and other things you want to keep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@2labjohn 

Most likely you are seeing the new Layer Bounds. Uncheck it in the cog wheel dropdown in the options bar for the Move tool.

Details in this post from Colin Smith's Photoshop Café:

https://photoshopcafe.com/hover-layer-in-photoshop/

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This "resetting preferences" and warning to save out all actions, brushes, and other customizations you want to keep has now gotten so pervasive that I would like to suggest that maybe a great helpful addon like a single click button option be added for exporting all custom actions, brushes, scripts, etc all at once?   Then a similar load option.   Maybe it could be right in the file or edit menus?

Often I don't want to reset preferences to try and work around something odd because it takes too long to properly export each type and then later load each type.   If we could make a single grouped export we could name, then we could more easily utlize this first troubleshooting step more often and save us and troubleshooting help experts a lot of time if it actually helps fix a lot of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't consider V safe, I have always used H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer is spot on, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the Move Tool’s settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines