Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving CS5 to IMAC

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am currently using a fully registered version of Photoshop CS5.1 on a Windows 7 64bit PC.

I am making the move to an iMac and wondered if there was a way to "trade in" the Windows version and get a version suitable for use on an iMac.  I know about using the software Parallels on an iMac to run a Windows program but would prefer, if possible, not to have to use this workaround.

Many thanks,

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From helpX (see final note about older versions)

Request a product language or platform exchange

If you require a different language or operating system version of a non–Creative Cloud product you purchased from Adobe, you can exchange your product. For example, if you now run Mac OS instead of Windows, you can swap Creative Suite 6 for Windows for Creative Suite 6 for Mac. Or you can exchange your product for a different language version. Here’s how.

1. Register the product that you want to exchange. Sign in with your Adobe ID, and then enter the product serial number.
  2. Contact us and a customer care agent will assist you with your language or platform exchange.

Note: If you have an older version of a product, you must order an upgrade instead of an exchange. Contact us for help with upgrading to a different version of your product.

—Exchange a product for a different language or platform version

Ken, this is a current page on Adobe's site, but CS5 reached end of life, so I'm not sure if Adobe will still be able to make the exchange. It would be helpful to others to come back and report on how this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I will follow up on your suggestion and report back accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not. They are different products you can only exchange platform for the current application version CS6.  You can upgrade CS5 to CS6 and exchanger platforms at the same time.  CS6 standard Upgrade $200, CS6 Extended Upgrade $400.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ - do you have links for these upgrades? Last time I checked Adobe stopped selling CS6 entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to call Adobe so they can try to sell a CC subscription

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 Your product no longer qualifies for a platform/language swap.  It's too old.

#2 I assume you're moving to the latest & greatest Mac OS (Sierra).  If that's the case, you've reached the point of no return.  It's Creative Cloud or nothing now.  Even if you could get your hands on a legacy copy of CS5 for Mac, it's not certified to run on El Capitan or Sierra. 

So the CC Photography Plan (USD $9.99/mo)  is probably your best option.  

If you need the whole suite, look at the Full Plan (Cyber Monday Special rate of $39.99/mo)  Offer ends Dec 2nd.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines