• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple layers with FX effect drop shadow don't work properly

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was creating an image with multiple layers each one with different drop shadows settings but it doesn't work properly.

For example, I create the first layer with a 45 angle drop shadow and when I create a second new layer with a -180 angle drop shadow, photoshop changes the first layer 45 angle to -180 angle aswell so all the layers with the drop shadow effect have the same angle!

I used to "solve" this problem by rasterizing the layer so the effect wouldn't change but it seems this solution doesn't work everytime. I have to "create layer" (in the effect panel-right click) which isn't the same, it turns the shadow much lighter. Anyway none of them are the best option since I can't edit the effect if needed.

Also if I duplicate this same layer with a 45 angle to a new document, the angle changes automaticaly to 90.

Shouldn't I be able to create multiple layers with different drop shadow angles? And if I copy a layer with certain settings to a new document those settings shoudn't change either.

Photoshop 22.5.1

Desktop - Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1 (SO 19043.1288)

Also happens in macOS Big Sur, Version 11.6

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Found out it's the "Global Light" option that's doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found out it's the "Global Light" option that's doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uncheck global light option and see if it worksDi1HL.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines