• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Brush Group Keeps Disappearing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent an enourmous amount of time creating a brush group and now they are gone (again). I created them as presets and they were staying with the existing .psd file I created but now they are gone. Is there a way I can get them back? I tried using Legacy Brushes but they are not there.

Bryan

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Hi, if you create a brush set and do not save it, you risk losing it. It is the same as creating a document, but not saving it, if anything happens, you risk losing it. Next time you create a brush set, highlight it, and export it.
But normally, brush groups should not disappear, what happened, what was the last action you performed?

The legacy option is how you can retrieve the default brush sets shipped with earlier versions of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you saved them to local? If not they are only temp files that will reset if you reset your preferences or update.

Here is how to check for your previous settings:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you create a brush set and do not save it, you risk losing it. It is the same as creating a document, but not saving it, if anything happens, you risk losing it. Next time you create a brush set, highlight it, and export it.
But normally, brush groups should not disappear, what happened, what was the last action you performed?

The legacy option is how you can retrieve the default brush sets shipped with earlier versions of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, thanks. I just created a new brush group again and I am saving the brushes locally as an ABR file. It seems it is the safest way to do this. I am still not sure what the function of creating a "preset" is- I assumed it would create a permanent brush or brush group. Things are not always intuitive.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines