Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

My Photoshop has a weird yellow tint over everything

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason every time I open photoshop there is a weird yellow/tan filter over everything, not just the image, but it doesn't actually apply to the image when I export.

Attached is a screenshot of what a blank white image appears as in photoshop and the same image as a png.

As you can see it appears tan for some reason, is there a reason for this? Is there a solution for this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Looks like a monitor colour profile issue, in the Control Panel go to Colour Management and follow the below screenshots

image1.png

Select sRGB

image2.png

image3.png

Restart Photoshop if it's already opened

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work, it's not a monitor issue, just a photoshop issue

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to relaunch Photoshop when done, the profile is loaded at application startup.

No, it's not a monitor issue; it's a monitor profile issue. You most likely got a bad manufacturer profile through Windows Update.

This is easy enough to confirm: try to proof to Monitor RGB (ctrl+Y). If that removes the cast, it's a bad monitor profile. Note that this doesn't "fix" anything; you still have a bad profile. But this bypasses the monitor profile and disables all color management.

The real and proper fix for this is to use a calibrator to make a new profile.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shannon, proofing to monitor RGB is a temporary troubleshooting step, dont leave your system set like that.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow it's work! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines