• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need an older version of PSD for 32 bit, Windows 10. Prodesign link no longer works. Help♥

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I have had PSD since 2017. I had an issue with my computer, uninstalled everything. Now it works fine but found out the new psd version is not compatiable with my 32 bit, Windows 10 pc. I do not want to buy an entirely new computer and would like to either buy the CD of the former older psd version, or download one. I tried the prodesign link and it would not dowload. I spoke to an Adobe rep and he said the program I probably downloaded from Adobe in 2017 was CS6. I would so appreciate your help. Thank you in advance♥

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your provided screenshot shows your photography plan subscription is still active, so

i would download cc 2018 and see if that works.

Photoshop CC 2018 (32-bit) windows

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to extract the file which is probably why it would not install. File is extracted. I click on the exe file now, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot showing the files I downloaded. It also shows one file has not been extracted but I did. I am not sure what to do as I lkeep getting a message saying it will not download. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its on the same color screen with a circle going roung and round. I think it is downloading the cloud. Is that part of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on the AdobePhotoshop19-Mul folder, then double click on the Set-up.exe to start the install

Untitled-1.png

Screenshot-(3).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I stop the other installation first? Its a color screen with a circle going round and round? It says adobe creative cloud at the top. 

I can take a screenshot but would have to open illustrator to do so. Not sure I should while it is downloading. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tinysprinkles_0-1656647215565.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The box at the bottom is a screenshot of the downloading that is going on now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I tried doing the install following the screenshots above and this is what I got. Please see my screenshots.

Tinysprinkles_0-1656732458610.png

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's one of Adobe's more obscure notifications which gives you no clue as to the real fix.

Download and install the Creative Cloud desktop app first.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Then install Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. I will try that right now. I will be in touch asap tonight if you are still up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Do I install psd using Jeff's directions in the screenshots above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the cloud downloaded. Tried clicking the files suggested above in the screenshots and here is what is says now:

Tinysprinkles_0-1656734597503.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the cloud downloaded.

I assume you mean downloaded and installed. Not just downloaded.

Re-boot then install Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, downloaded and installed. Then the panel came up and I clicked on PSD CC. Its installing though Adobe said it would not. I already clicked on psd before I saw your note to restart. Its at 92% now. I will let you know in a few. 

Tinysprinkles_0-1656735537689.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its installed!!! Yay, but its only the trial version. What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Adobe Cloud software is activated via your Adobe ID so you have to sign in.

Sign in to your Adobe account via the Cloud desktop app.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/manage-account/using/access-adobe-id-account.html

Or sign in via Photoshop. Click Help > Sign In.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks♥

I signed in and here is what is says. I already have a subscription. What steps do I take for the trial to move to my existing membership?

Tinysprinkles_0-1656737067128.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What steps do I take for the trial to move to my existing membership?

In the Photoshop CC 2018 trial version, click Help and ensure that you are signed in with your active Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am signed in. 

Tinysprinkles_0-1656737578233.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check back in here tomorrow morning. Its 1 am here. 

I really appreciate all your help. Thank you so much♥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am signed in. 

If that's your active, paid-up-to-date Adobe ID then there is no reason for it to be a trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning John,

Yes, that is my active paid up to date membership. When I downloaded psd last night it said something like "welcome to your trial version." Do you think it automatically switched to my paid version? I am going to restart my computer and see what it does. I will let you know! 

You are very kind to help me and so many people. Have a great day! I'll be in touch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the restart I reopened psd and it says it is the trial version.Any suggestions?

Tinysprinkles_0-1656763559278.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign in from your CC desktop app. It manages the subscription for all installed CC apps.

Several ways to get to it:

CC1.png

CC2.png

Then sign in here:

CC3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines