• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need an older version of PSD for 32 bit, Windows 10. Prodesign link no longer works. Help♥

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I have had PSD since 2017. I had an issue with my computer, uninstalled everything. Now it works fine but found out the new psd version is not compatiable with my 32 bit, Windows 10 pc. I do not want to buy an entirely new computer and would like to either buy the CD of the former older psd version, or download one. I tried the prodesign link and it would not dowload. I spoke to an Adobe rep and he said the program I probably downloaded from Adobe in 2017 was CS6. I would so appreciate your help. Thank you in advance♥

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, Do you have a minute to read the posts to see if you have any other suggestions? Thanks so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got this message when I tried to uninstall. What should I do? Uninstall psd? 

Tinysprinkles_0-1656980432519.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need your Adobe ID and a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's a good question as to whether the op has a subscription or was using a perpetual license software like cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, as I remember it, Photoshop became unusable on 32 bit systems with CS5, and CS4 was not a whole lot of fun either.  Windows had a tweak that would let you use 3.5Gb RAM, and Photoshop would need most of that just to run, which left nothing for print buffer and third party plugins like Topaz.  I don't know how 32bit Mac systems managed memory.

Photoshop started to get hungry for RAM from CS4 onwards so I am struggling to imagine CS6 running on a 32bit system.  Not that I have ever tried it, so who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines