Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help Resizing picture.

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
 I have a picture thats 5.1 inch width and 3.8 height but I'm trying to change it to 6x6. I have used all the options on image size and tried content aware scale but for some reason the faces on the picture still stretch.
If someone could help me because I have about 5 picture that I need to resize to 6x6, I would appreciate it.263979028_465619031602296_9016341568928747549_n.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

If a picture is rectangular and you want to make it square you have three choices:

a. Crop part of the image out, as shown by Abambo

or

b. Stretch the image , or at least a part of it, as would be done by content aware scale with the face area protected

or

c. Fill in the missing part of the sqaure use content aware fille and/or cloning

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to crop! Like this:

Abambo_0-1670095974984.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate, but then I lose part of the picture is there any other way to have the whole picture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a picture is rectangular and you want to make it square you have three choices:

a. Crop part of the image out, as shown by Abambo

or

b. Stretch the image , or at least a part of it, as would be done by content aware scale with the face area protected

or

c. Fill in the missing part of the sqaure use content aware fille and/or cloning

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate, but then I lose part of the picture is there any other way to have the whole picture?

By @Lucas27418483dc5c

That's what crop means. You have a rectangular picture, with a very close subject, leaving no room up and down. Any content aware technology that you would use will need to sample from somewhere in your picture. Even that the technology has been enhanced a lot in the last years, there are still situations where the result won't by satisfactory.

The only workable option, I see, is to select the boys and copy and paste them into a new background. If you do that correctly, it will not be noticed.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines