Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help to modify a badge for kids soccer

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm volunteering for a kids soccer team and I was hoping someone could help me modify their school badge to become their soccer badge.. please and thank you.

* I don't know what I'm doing or selecting when I created this post *

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

This kind of artwork is typically done in Illustrator (which is vector), not Photoshop (which is raster). It's not clear if you are trying to:

• modify this artwork, and if so how
    you will probably need the original .ai (or .eps) file
  • recreate this artwork, because you don't have the editable file
    you will need Illustrator or another vector application
  • design something new
    we don't do design work on these forums — we only answer questions about how to use the software. 

Please clarify.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of artwork is typically done in Illustrator (which is vector), not Photoshop (which is raster). It's not clear if you are trying to:

• modify this artwork, and if so how
    you will probably need the original .ai (or .eps) file
  • recreate this artwork, because you don't have the editable file
    you will need Illustrator or another vector application
  • design something new
    we don't do design work on these forums — we only answer questions about how to use the software. 

Please clarify.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you Jane, I appreciate the response. I only have a PDF or PNG file. I am looking to edit / redesign it a bit.. so, do you know where someone might be able to help me? Another forum or website where people will be happy to help? This is very new to me.

Thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gerard27069018lnqh 

You can hire designers through Adobe Behance. I think this is the correct address:

https://www.behance.net/hire?locale=en_US

First, though, open the PDF in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader and go to File > Properties. If it says it was made with Adobe Illustrator, you might possibly be able to open the PDF in Illustrator and select each individual shape if you are just making simple adjustments. Make a copy first, of course.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the school given permission to modify their artwork? Any legit designer isn't going to touch this without permission because that's a quick way to get sued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a fair point, I haven't. I will talk with the school this weekend and make sure. The alteration would be minor (adding in a soccer ball) but I understand.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have not asked the schhool about changing the graphic, then you might find that they have a fully layered vector document.  It wouldn't take long to recreate it otherwise, and we can surely help you out if it is for a school.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines