• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with editing out objects

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I’m trying to learn photoshop and this family photo, I want to edit out the glass, napkin next to glass, napkin holder, soda can, and place mats. I want the table to just have the checkered table cloth on it. I’ve tried using the lasso tool and using the fill tool, but it just creates this blurry image or regeneration of another object on the screen. I’ve tried the generative tool, also the spot healing brush, remove tool, and the healing brush tool. Could anyone help me?? Ive attached the original with faces blurred, and another with what’s been happening with the lasso tool and fill. Thank you to anyone who can help.IMG_0239.jpgScreenshot 2024-07-02 at 10.26.51 AM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SunflowerMindGoat try using the Remove Tool. Encircle and remove the glass first, then the napkin. 

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1719933783956.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously you can do more to blend the areas in to the remaining bamboo but this was a rough proof of concept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generative Fill. Just select the parts to remove, leaving the table cloth alone. then click Generative fill, don't type anything and click it again. 

IMG_0239 copy.jpg

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you don't want the placemats and don't have much of the tablecloth, here's a second idea:

Use a layer mask to hide the entire table and everything on it (non-destructive editing). Start a little higher to include the tops of the glass and Coke.  You'll lose a very small amount of their arms, but not much.

Then replace it with a pattern that looks like a table cloth.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines