Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PatchTool.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Thanks for your assistance.  The problem was my own fault.  I had a layer mask associated with the image.  I must inadvertently put some stray marks on the mask.  Those stray marks were creating the "holes."  When I disabled the mask (which should have been the first thing I tried), the "holes" disappeared.  Sorry about that.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doc_Fit,

The Patch Tool has 4 selection modes; New Selection, Add to Selection, Subtract from Selection and Intersect with Selection.

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 16.06.54.png

Is your Patch Tool currently set to the correct mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  It is set to New.  After New, I've tried Add.  NG.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doc_Fit,

If you are still having the same problem, I would try reseting the Patch Tool.    

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 17.42.18.png

Thanks,

Sim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a short video showing the patch tool and how it works on New Selection mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your assistance.  The problem was my own fault.  I had a layer mask associated with the image.  I must inadvertently put some stray marks on the mask.  Those stray marks were creating the "holes."  When I disabled the mask (which should have been the first thing I tried), the "holes" disappeared.  Sorry about that.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines