• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neon-pink Colors are dull and ugly when printed (CMYK)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with other colors there are no problems just with Neons

years ago with PS6 I had less problems with that

but with CC I cant get nice Neoncolors for printing our boxes ( I use CMYK for the printing company )

Jpeg and Tiffs on my monitor look good

any Ideas how I can adjust that ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Neon colors« are pretty much impossible to achieve with »CMYK« by definition and that has nothing to do with the newest Photoshop version. (edited) 

If you need »neon colors« then you may have to spring for a fifth (or even more) color. 

»Jpeg and Tiffs on my monitor look good«

Are the images already separated to the correct CMYK space? If not do you preview them in the correctl space (Biew > Prood Setup > … and View > Proof Colors)? 

In which RGB Color Space do you usually work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take your RGB file and then, in View > Proof Set up, set proof to to the particular CMYK profile you are using. Then turn on View >Proof Colours and View >Gamut Warning. This will show you those colours in your image that  are out of gamut for the CMYK profile i.e they are not contained in the  range of colours encompassed by that profile. Your neon colours will be in that range.

Your choice is then to either :

a. Use a colour that is in gamut This can be done automatically by choosing the relative or perceptual rendering intent or manually with Hue and Saturation control.

or

b. As c.pfaffenbichler said, pay for additional colours to be printed.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !  Normaly we use sRGB and it looks good  but when we change to CMYK it gets bad 

now I tried Web Coated SWOP 2006  and it looks better after changing to CMYK

just the computer seams slower when I use that

I will try more settings and see if I can find a good one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CMYK profile has to describe the specific printing process being used. So find out which to use from your printing company. Using the wrong CMYK profile might look good on your screen but will cause incorrect colours when sent to the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I will ask them I work with only one company a lot so I guess they can tell me this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work this way, you cannot pick the CMYK profile that gives you the most pleasing results.

You have to talk to the printer, and find out what profile to use. 

Using the wrong profile can produce very bad results.

But as others have mentioned, it is impossible to print neon colors in CMYK, this will require extra inks, and will be expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offset firms whose work is largely devoted to packaging invariably run presses that deliver more than CMYK reproduction. As @c_pfaffenbichler suggested, consider an additional cylinder when a chosen color is beyond the four-color printing ink gamut. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will talk to my printing company about that !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

その印刷会社がどのような印刷方式を使うかで、再現可能な色域(gamut)がかなり違います。

もし、印刷会社がオンデマンドプリント機械を使い、「色が鮮やかな印刷」というセールストークをしているなら、CMYKに変換しないで、RGBデータをそのまま印刷会社に渡してください。

普通のオフセットプリンティングでしたら、費用を追加して、CMYKにカラーを追加してもらうしか、ネオンカラーの再現方法はありません。

--
Yamonov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines