• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neural Filters as part of Image Processing or Batch Mode not completing?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am helping my son with B&W photos.

We created colorizing and photo restore Neural filter actions. 

We can't get the File > Batch nor the Image Processing to correctly run the script and save the file

Has anyone got this to work and can share how?

If I use the save function in the action, it doesn't work, if I try to override it in the dialog it doesn't work.

If I try in image processing I tend to just get a spinning cursor "loading" in the neural filter when the script runs and opens. 

And in batch mode it runs but nothing happens. I am pretty sure this should work (unless a bug).
PS 24.1, Mac OS, 

Suggestions welcome, google did not help and PS doc is thin...

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 7.29.05 PM.pngscripts.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clear, I can also toggle the toggle off (the little square next to the check). when I do that the colorize works end-to-end, but the Retouch processes and outputs files, but doesn't actually retouch the picture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried just running the script on an open picture. Photo Restoration still doesn't work (Colorize works fine as an example). Filing a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted an alternative batch script in the following topic:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/question-on-how-to-batch-conversion-w...

However, if you believe that the issue is with the action out side of batching, then it probably wouldn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines