• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neural Filters default Output changed in the latest release?

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neural Filter default Output selection is now defaulting to Current Layer.  For the last two years, it's been New Layer, which I find to be the most appropriate. It always resets to Current Layer when I exit and restart PS.

Why did this default suddenly change (version 23.5.0)? 

How can I change the default back to New Layer

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that option is sticky on session level, once changed to New Layer will default to it unless Photoshop is restarted what will default again to Current Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasn't always the case. Up until the past week, it would stay on New Layer, even after an app restart.  Why would this change? How do I report it as a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a bug. If you want New Layer to be the default, select New Layer and it will be sticky until you change it to something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a bug. If you want New Layer to be the default, select New Layer and it will be sticky until you change it to something else.

By @Earth Oliver

Does not work for me either. It is sticky per session only, after restarting it is defaulting to Current Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's no longer sticky across app restarts. It used to be sticky across app
restarts up until very recently. Why did this change? Was this
intentional?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Call it a feature.  How do we get the sticky setting across restart functionality back?  Is the a line into the dev team that we can call?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case , it is always applied to a new layer.

Here is my workaround, once the filter applied on the current layer, select All ( cmd + A ) then copy ( cmd + C ) then undo filter ( Cmd + Z )  then press paste ( cmd + V )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that it only retains the layer setting change per session. When reopening Photoshop, it's back to Current Layer. (Windows 10 Pro v21H2; Photoshop 23.5 release)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines