Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New brushes dont work with eraser or blending brush

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i am working on a Mac, with a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet and Photoshop CC 2018.

On two of my computers, i have issues with using forms that i downloaded on the Adobe Website :

The new brushes work with the "brush" tool but not with the eraser tool nor the blending brush tool.

Here is how it goes :

#1 i chose the "brush" tool (B), and right click to pick a brush from the impressionist kit (ex :Seurat Kyle) -> it works

#2 i change tool from brush to Eraser (E)

#3 Right Click ; to chose the same brush form as I used on #1 -> The tool changes from "eraser" back to "brush" and it paints instead of erasing.

The same happens with the blending brush tool. It goes back to regular brush as soon as i chose a new brush form with the right click.

PHOTOSHOP-pb-eraser.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

The answer in that previous  post can still be applied, i.e. save a new brush without the tool preset , but since then Photoshop was updated to add the function described by c.pfaffenbichler above - just Ctrl+Alt click (or Cmd+Opt on Mac) to load a brush without changing to its associated tool preset.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brushes can »Include Tool Settings« since a little while back, haven’t you noticed the icons?

To select a Brush but disregard its dedicated Tool and keep the currently selected one cmd-alt click the Brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

that previous answer by davescm could help you:

Can't make eraser from last brush used

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer in that previous  post can still be applied, i.e. save a new brush without the tool preset , but since then Photoshop was updated to add the function described by c.pfaffenbichler above - just Ctrl+Alt click (or Cmd+Opt on Mac) to load a brush without changing to its associated tool preset.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your answers.

The Cmd+Opt+Click seems to resolve my problem for now, with no need to save any other tool.

I wish you all a nice creative day, and thank you for taking the time to answer to my question.

French Regards

Ma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have dowloaded several very cool packs of Photoshop brushes but i realize that some brushes can only be used with one tool. For example (picture) some are only meant for the reguler painting brush (little icon on the upper righ corner), some are only for the blending brush etc. 

I read somewhere that there is a simple way to use thes brushes with other tools, but I cannot find the info anymore. 

Can someone help me here ? Thank you in advance !

PS : I use a Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry I had already asked this in another post, but I could not find the page with all my posts. I have now. I cant seem to delete my question !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour Mathilde.

Pour la question du titre: dans le clavier us c'est avec la touche ` que l'on switche temporairement vers la gomme, mais je crois que ce n'est pas un raccourci clavier accessible sur un clavier AZERTY. 

Je vois que c'est listé en tant que tel sur la liste des raccourcis...

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/photoshop/using/default-keyboard-shortcuts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mathilde refers to this thread where she is given the CTRL+ALT+click shortcut to change the brush while keeping the current tool: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/new-brushes-dont-work-with-eraser-or-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines