• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New computer

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I bought a new computer (Microsoft surface go 2) and I don't have a keyboard for it yet, but, I did a photoshoot and literally none of my tools are working. I can use the select and find subject and things like that but none of them are working. I have 2 photoshops for some reason and I tried both of them thinking maybe it would help and it hasn't. I have reset all my tools, changed preferences to stylus, etc. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Aubry26193668re7t unfortunately Micrsoft Surface Go 2 may not run PS. It's a glorified tablet not a graphics computer.

First, the HD space is only 128 GB - if you have anything under 50 GB remaining, PS will not run effectively for scratch disk or processing images.

If you have a UHD Graphics 615 - your graphics card does not meet minimum requirements for Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Specifically - the minimum recommended speed is 2000 ops/sec and  your 615 clocks in at 306.

That alone will cause many issues trying to run PS - it doesn't matter how much VRAM you have.

The second issue is MS Surface Go 2's usually come standard with 4 GB or extendable to 8 GB RAM which 8 GB is the bare minimum to run Photoshop. If you have only 4 GB installed or anything else running, including Win OS - you may have less than the 70% allocation required in Photoshop Preferences/Performance to effectively run Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Lastly - are you running in Windows 10/11 S mode?

If so switch out of S mode:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/switching-out-of-s-mode-in-windows-4f56d9be-99ec-6983-11...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure it it's in s mode or not. I believe it's windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Aubry26193668re7t kind of buried the lead here - if your tablet specs do not meet minimum requiremens, Photoshop will not run on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"kind of buried the lead here"

By @kevin stohlmeyer

Apologies, Kevin, but you mean "buried the lede" — not to be confused with the lead (metal) that separates the lines of type.

86C645A3-2AED-4D12-A545-A69E938D0AD1.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

burying lead could work if you are armed and violent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines