• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New file size not matching copied image size

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I copy an image from outside of PSD and click New File - the size of the preset details doesn't adjust to size of copied image. So it no longer creates a new file that is the same size as my copied image. 

I've included a screenshot and highlighted the size differences (the clipboard size is the copied image, but the preset details is the last file size I created.

This a new issue since the recent PSD update. Any solutions? Thank you!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Hi @vp44132853 , tick the box in Preference/General to Use Legacy "New Document" Interface.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.39.00 AM.png

Did that fix it?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vp44132853 , tick the box in Preference/General to Use Legacy "New Document" Interface.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.39.00 AM.png

Did that fix it?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory - thank you for your quick reply! Yes, this does work! Is this a common issue that's being worked on or just happening to me? Wondering if I should test it again later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not just you. I had the same issue and Cory's workaround fixed it for me as well. Thanks Cory...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, glad to hear it. Not sure on the future of this or what may change, but needless to say, you are not alone on this questions and I am sure the team is on it to make this a smoother process in future releases.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha - thanks again, Cory, you're very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent half an hour trying to figure out what was wrong.

Why would this change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes--thank you! From me as well as the four co-workers I shared your answer with.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worth noting ... This bug is a regression. It started about a couple of months ago. It should be a simple fix and by now ... I thought it would be included in one of the monthly fixes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's ridiculous that Adobe keeps changing things without informing those that pay for it. And EVERY change is for the worst. Every damned week it's something new. Not using shift to maintain proportions when transforming a layer, the clone tool crashing the software and now this junk with copy and pasting. Adobe is either an anagram for screwing up everybody's M.O. or it's being run by the English government. I am actively pursuing alternative software. Something cheaper and less fallible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines