Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Project not reading right size from clipboard

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated 5 days ago (5/19/22) to v23.4.1

When copying from an image in Photoshop or PrintScreen the 'New' in Photoshop usually get's its size from the clipboard allowing for a full frame paste from the copy in the clipboard. 

Now it is not reading the size correctly and the 'New' creates one too small to use. I am going to delete and reinstall the program in case it is corrupted somewhere

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Hi @Phaedrus#3, go to Preference/General and tick the box for Use Legacy "New Document" Interface, did that work?

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.39.00 AM.png

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Phaedrus#3, go to Preference/General and tick the box for Use Legacy "New Document" Interface, did that work?

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.39.00 AM.png

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Personally, I don't like the legacy version; I like all the document options. However, my issue is that the new interface correctly indicates the size of what's on the clipboard under the "Clipboard" icon. But, clicking on it does NOT transfer those dimensions to the document parameters in the right column. I have to click on some other format first, THEN click on Clipboard. Then it works. That wasn't the case until the 2022 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Just di da complete uninstall (Uses RevoUninstaller) and a fresh install from the Creative Cloud. The issue is still present, could be a problem from the recent update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the setting as suggested to 'Legacy' did fix the issue, weird problem it things work now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will chime in on this and say this thread solved my issue as well. Photoshop would not keep up with the size of any document on my clipboard when creating a new document. The behavior is intermittent, because sometimes it would work.

Switching to "Use Legacy" fixed this for me *(as usual). It seems like every new, broken, untested "feature" Adobe releases with Photoshop now needs a checkbox to go back to the version that WORKS. Or the versioin where you didn't strip out useful functionality and replace it with a dumbed down, less powerful experience.

I have been using Photoshop professionally since version 2.0 so I am not some guy who just picked the software up a few months ago. I used to be really excited when Adobe launched a new version and couldn't wait to try it. But for the last 4 or 5 years, I dread every notification I see that tells me there is a Photoshop update available, because it means my workflow is about to be significantly disrupted and I can expect the application to break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix has not worked for me. It's still doing it. Why do all of Adobe's products have some many bugs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines