• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to SDK Win CS version--Two questions

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2006 Sep 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first is a crawl-walk-run problem. How do you debug? I am using VS2005 and PS v8 aka CS. I have successfully built some of the filters, told PS where they were, and they do indeed come up and work. But when I try to debug from VS, having told it to use PS as the executable to use the filter dll, PS starts, and then an error message comes up--"An error has been detected with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application"--Uh what do I reinstall, PS or what. I have seen similar issues writing dll's for Matlab--it was a matter of what directory the debug dll was put in.

The second question regards what I think is a screwy idea. A restricted class of images will come in with a V4 ICC input profile attached. It would have AtoB0 and AtoB1 tags of LutAtoBType of the particular form M-Matrix-B. The filter record structure I see among other things contains this profile. It is proposed the filter would modify the B-curve to get its effect and the image would not be modified as it is in PS. The visual effect would only be seen in a small image in the filter dialog box. The filter effect on the image would turn up in the printing step, as the PS color engine combined the modified input profile with the printer profile. While this could conceivably work, there seem to me to be a number of reasons it probably won't. The most obvious one would be that PS doesn't copy and use the modified profile when the filter dialog is closed. Then there is the question of stepping on memory if the replacement B-curves are larger than the placeholders. etc. etc. I don't see any advantage to doing things this way, but I am urged if not pressured to consider it. So is this a unlikely as I think it is?

Mike
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ICC V4... Hmm, I wonder which Michael McGuire this is..... ;-)
Welcome to the SDK forum!

Filters cannot modify the document profile, the profile is presented to the filter as input information only. The only way to programmatically modify the document profile is to use the assign profile command from a script or automation plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

I am whom you think I am. It's a relief to find out that the profile idea was too clever by half. The debug problem went away when I downgraded from CS to 7.0. It worked with both VS2003 and VS2005. Upgrades to software including CS2 have become a major PITA here, effort in doing so perhaps better applied to next version if it's not too far off. In the meantime 7.0 will do for what I need.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to get Tom Ruark's help on the debugging issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Attach to process feature in MSDEV to debug your plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2006 Sep 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Tom. Put me back in business with CS and VS2005.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines