• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newsprint settings

Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone steer me to newsprint profile settings?

Thanks to those who know more than me,

Joe

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about an ICC output profile for a press that is printing a newspaper?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should get the profile from the printer. Any generic output profile is hit or miss. Missing is expense! 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aswell as the newsprint profiles installed by Adobe, there are downloadable generic newsprint ICC profiles - either can be used as destination for a conversion in Photoshop [image/mode/convert to profile]

- it's very unlikely your print shop has profiled the press (which would produce a custom profile and is considered by many as not an ideal way to work), far more likely is that the process has been calibrated (adjusted) to run at [or close to] a generic 'standard' like IFRA.

You'd need to ask the print shop - if they can't help - then you're stuck with finding another printer or guessing which ICC profile to use. Not ideal

more about press profiles here

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines