• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nik Collection - Problems with Photoshop 2021

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just got my Photoshop updated to 2021 (previous version 2018). I used the Nik Collection 1.2.11 guite often with my old version so of course I installed this plugin again. But that causes peoblems in PS. Can't work with it anymore. If I open a pic, I can add one new layer with something, I do my editing with this layer and than the pic just dissapears from the PS desktop and I just can see the starting page of PS. Any idea if the old Nik collection just doesn't  work with PS2021 ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

DXO now says its NIK collection is compatible with PS 2021. I upgraded to version 3, checked the GPU box in PS preferences and NIK works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is no guarantee that the old Nik plugins will work with the newest Photoshop. However, now that DXO has taken over development of the Nik plugins, you can get an updated version of the plugins that is compatible. However, you will have to purchase the upgrade to the latest version.

https://nikcollection.dxo.com/

Sorry I don't have a better solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael,

thanks for your answer. I just checked the DxO website and they say, that even the newest Nik Collection 3 doesn't work with PS2021 yet. But they are working on it. Hopefully they will have a working version soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AS of 17 NOV 2020, this problem has not been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Nik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Dec 30, 2020 the issue of Nik's 3's incompatibility with Photoshop 2021 has still not been resoved.  Nik support has been working on my issue since the first part of October and still is not able to solve it.  I am running Nik 3.3 inside of Photoshop (latest version 22.1.0) on a Macbook Pro 2019 running MacOS 10.15.5 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael or other PSE experts,

Recently found out that Adobe will no longer support all versions of Photoshop Elements. Only option for us is to use a laptop with macOs 10.14-10.15 or macOS11. We bought 2020 and 2021 within months but when Monterey came, things fell apart on our new computer. We own PSE from v10 onwards. So we're using our older MacAir with macOS 10.15.7 instead of downgrading our new computer with Monterey OS. Downloaded PSE2021 which we owned since March, 2021 and attached a PSE dedicated external drive to it. The install was successful, the media loaded from that drive but now trying to convert the backup so the tags and other associated info for each image can be used in 2021. Been failing. It stalls during the conversion process because it won't "see"the external drive it had previously identified. 1) Did I need the 2020 version on this computer? 2) All other versions I own? We've been upgrading to almost all versions during the more than 20 years of using PSE and PS but what we really need now is to preserve our organizer since we've tagged thousands and thousands of family and other memories over decades and decades. Don't need to do too much editing anymore. Any advice or help will be so appreciated. Thank you. 

G. Stevens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem with NIK 2.0. Even though the image disappears, the tab still remains. I save the image and reopen it. All the NIK filter effects stay with the image and eveything works fine after reopening the file. It's an annoyance, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try this; Close PS. Go to  the Photoshop 2020 plugins file (mine is located at C>Program Files>Adobe) copy the whole Nik Collection folder from PS 2020 plugins folder. Then paste it in to the plugins folder of PS 2021. Relaunch PS and look under the 'Filters' menu. This worked for me. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Nik collection doesn't need to be installed into the Photoshop plugin folder. It gets integrad on some other way, while it's defolt installation folder is Program files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help! That works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! Was so disappointed the old free Nik Collection filters wouldn't install in PS2021 when I updated it. Tried your method and totally worked for me! So happy I can use the free NIK Collection Filters with PS2021 again!! I use them A LOT and have heaps of recipe presets I have created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly.  Took 15 seconds.  It's a shame DXO continually tries to milk their customers for basic fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pc and moving the "google" folder from the PS 2020 plug in folder over to PS 2021 plug in folder worked like a charm. Thank you!!!

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NHPhoto4

Do you have any idea where the plugins file lives on a Mac by any chance?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a document that illustrates where to find your plug-in folders.

Locate Plug-In Folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me thank you so much ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Nik Collect 3. Same problem with ps 2021, pic just dissapears from the PS desktop after aply layer mask. I temporany fix disabling GPU support on PS menù, but obviously that is no best way...I hope that DXO will fix this problem. PS no problem with PS 2020 , nik collection 3, and GPU support on. 

Andrea Corsi | [Message from moderator: Do not add websites in your signature or your account will be banned]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I did. Disable GPS Support in Photoshop and the Free Version of NIK Collection works again.  I guess I will be forced someday to upgrade to the Paid Version as I use the Nik Collection extensively in my editing.

To Disable GPU Support

Edit - Peferences - Performance and uncheck Use Graphics Processor then close out Photoshop and Restart it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is, that Nik Collection 3.08 works flawlessly in Adobe Photoshop 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree. I've the NIK Collection 3.0.8 (paid) and I've the same issue. If I uncheck the Use Graphics Processor, everything works fine. If not, the grey screen is coming. If I use PS 2020, it's fine.

Adobe should patch it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The disabling GPU support seems to work ... for now. btw, I have a paid copy from DxO and have also had the issue. It has been slowing workflow a lot to keep resaving, reopening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is official reply from DXO:

WARNING MESSAGE

Nik Collection 3 by DxO is not yet compatible with Photoshop 2021 /// Hot fix is planned.

General online Support is available only to customers who have purchased the paid version of the Nik Collection by DxO available since June 2018. Comprehensive support and software updates are only available for the newest release of Nik Collection by DxO, and those using the newest trial version.

Previous versions cannot be the subject of a request for assistance, because we have not developed them. However, you will find information on some of the known issues in the FAQs below.

For any stability issues, compatibility with the latest Adobe CC products and the latest Mac/Windows OS, and for future updates and our support, we strongly encourage you to purchase the latest version of the Nik Collection by DxO or to test our free 30 days trial version.

Thank you for your understanding.

you can read here:   https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/categories/115002389907-Nik-Collection-by-DxO

we have to wait

Andrea Corsi | [Message from moderator: Do not add websites in your signature or your account will be banned]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new DXO NIK Collection 3.3 is on the market, the PS 22.0.1. release too. I installed both of them, the issue the same. The disabling of the GPU support works, but it's really funny: you've a strong PC with a dedicated video card and u cannot use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines