• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No PAINT BUCKET tool in latest Photoshop CC update... HELP!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the latest PSCC and thet just ISNT any bucket tool (Which usually was under the Gradient tool)...

Anyone figured this one out? Is it just gone? Am i missing something obvious?

Cant find anything on the web 😕

HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

There is new option to create custom toolbar. I do not know how you get there if you didn't touch anything but that should be a problem. Go to Edit > Toolbar and click on Restore Defaults button then click Done button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...bojan.. this is awsome..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a bunch! this is helpful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to restore the toolbar. Instead you can modify it anyway you like. Simply click on the Edit | Toolbar... and you will see a new columnar format. The left column contain currently active tools, and the right contains inactive tools. Simply click and drag tools from right to left to activate.

You can drag tools into existing sets, or create new ones. I dragged the Paint Bucket tool into the existing Gradient set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Bojan!

Adobe, why you changed this baffles me!!  Seriously, took 30 min of fishing to solve a problem that shouldn't have been there!!
Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked great advice, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done ...!! Thank you. Thought that I was going mad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this solved my problem finding the Paint Bucket!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! It helped big time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank the lord you were born in my lifetime!!..Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had lost hope .. with these simple steps that you could kindly explain, the problem has been solved ... Thank you very  very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bojan. I wish Adobe would be more careful about this kind of stuff. I assume 99.9% of us use Photoshop for work and shouldn't have to spend our time researching how to fix nucklehead stuff like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much...problem solved. 

God bless you  🙏🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this option at all to add the tools back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Arielle24528182309w ,

If you don't have Edit menu > Toolbars, then you most likely have an older version of Photoshop. What exact version do you have ( the numbers, not "latest")?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine doesnt show the option to add it, there no gradient or paint bucket anymore at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine doesnt show the option to add it, there no gradient or paint bucket anymore at all

By @Arielle24528182309w

Jane asked if you are using Photoshop CC, and that it is up to date?

Do you have these three dots near the bottom of your Toolbar?

image.png

Or the same option at the bottom of your Edit menu?  If you don't, and you are using the current version of Photoshop, then something is broken.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine did the same. Restore to Default as in the suggested answer did not work for me. Here's how I fixed it. Edit>Toolbar. Scroll down to the paint bucket that for me was showing up as if it WAS on my toolbar even though it wasn't. What WAS showing up on my toolbar was the 3D paintbucket and the other tools under it were missing (the gradient and the paint bucket). So, I just dragged that 3D paint bucket over to the right side of the column so it wasn't selected to show in my toolbar. Clicked Done. Now my paint bucket and gradient are showing up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines