Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No pixels are more than 50% selected

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In trying to use the lasso tool one of two things are occurring:

(1) I receive this message -- "Warning: No pixels are more than 50% selected.  The selection edge will not be visible."

(2) When I release my pen tool the selection mysteriously shrinks to a size smaller than I had selected.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

I put the Feather as 0% and that fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reduce the Feather value in the Options bar before drawing with the Lasso Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also make sure your targeting the right layer.  Selection are made on layers if the layer contains transparent pixels  or the layers opacity is set low you will not see where the selection is for Photoshop only places marching ants around pixels that have at lease 50% opacity.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2016 Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and I figured out why.  I was deleting the background layer.  I do not understand why but the background layer needs to be there to select 100% of the pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the Feather as 0% and that fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of a solution is that?  For a great many images, you can't simply not feather and still get the effect you want.  Select All, then Deselect worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a very useful idea. Worked for me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue. As instucted above, I reduced the feahter to 0%, however this didn't fix my issue. My issue was with the style. Simply change the syle from fixed ratio/size to normal. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tired all of the suggestions, but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the style?  

style.jpg

I can´t find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-09-04 183005.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man Xucra! 

You really saved my life, hahaha.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I finally looked for the answer to this problem. Thank you! What is interesting is how the 'platform' changes, a lot. I never changed the Feather option, what the hell is a Feather? Brushes disappearing, Actions going away and on and on . . . Feather, now there is someting else to look up. Good Luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the previous solutions worked for me, but I found the problem was fixed if I went Select > All, then deselected.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message is only telling you is that the marching ants will not be visible but you still have an active selection. When I started messing around with luminosity masks I got this message all the time while making my midtones channel, I can promise you that even though you get that message you still have a selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't.  When I try to cut out the selection, nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you post a screenshot of the entire interface, or better, a video capture of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Suzy. Only your suggestion worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same problem when I want to select by range color please how can I fix this problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines