Normal PS brush disappears after clicking

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new bug where my cursor (brush outline) goes away when I start painting.  Its not consistent.  If I zoom out a level or change brush size it will come back until I click again at which point it goes back to being disappeared until I unclick.  Basicaly making all precise brushing very very difficult since I don't know where the brush outline is.

Basically this same exact issue... https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/brush-tool-stroke-disappears-and-reap...

Windows 10.  Updates come from IT company so I cannot roll back windows updates.  Drivers are nvidia's latest studio ready.

CAPS LOCK IS NOT ON.  NORMAL BRUSH IS SELECTED.

Thank you,

G

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As the brush strokes disappears and appears in Photoshop, the issue seems to be related to the graphics processor.
Could you please let us know which graphics processor is installed in the computer?

I would suggest you to try a few things, let us know if that helps.

As unchecking the GPU from Photoshop's preferences fixes the issue:

• Could you please check if there is an update available for the GPU drivers from the manufacturer's website such as; Nvidia or AMD?
  • Also, check if there are any operating system updates available to install.
  • If that does not help then remove the GPU drivers completely and reinstall them again.
    (You may also try reverting back to a previous GPU driver version)
  • Please try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here. Brush outline (using "normal brush tip" for my painting cursor option) disappears intermittenly.

Windows 10

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, freshly updated with driver release 30.0.14.7212

This wasn't an issue before I updated Photoshop to the latest version, which leads me to suspect it's Photoshop that's the problem, not my GPU.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines