• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to call my filter plugin (Hidden.cpp) when there is a group in the document.

Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why I the `AutomationFilter` plugin is not triggering the Hidden plugin whenever I have a group folder in the document.

Ghx6sUO.png

I'm calling my Hidden plugin with: sPSActionControl->Play(&result, hiddenEventID, descriptor.get(), plugInDialogSilent);

and works every time I don't have a group folder in the PS document...

Returning error when trying to Play my plugin (--25920):

r5xttMx.png

Update:

I've since found out that it's a: 'errEventNotAvailableDefine' So is it possible to have a group in the PS doc?! I understand it's looking for the properties of pixels but to not even allow you to run a filter plugin is stupid!

Is there a fix for this?!

Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filter plugin works with bitmap. Group has not bitmap. Therefore it can't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, is there a work around I can do to allow me to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to get data for layers inside folder not folder itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is it's not even calling / playing my filter plugin because there is a group folder in the document, The error you see: (--25920) is from me trying to call / play the filter plugin from my Automation Filter. So I haven't even entered into the main of my filter to get any data.

I was thinking the best way would be to flatten my groups and paste them into a new doc, but I don't really like that Idea because it's so slow. Any other work around you can think of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. I have very little experiences with C++ SDK.

Maybe you could utilize Generator plugin somehow? It can get pixel data for groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, where could I find the 'Generator' plugin? I can't see it in the sampleCode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here: Adobe Photoshop · GitHub

It is not C++ but I don't know why you need so maybe it could fit your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to re open this to discuss solutions I can do.

I need the filter plugin to work with groups or I need the ability for the groups to contain pixel data so they don't fail, since I need to read the pixel data of a layer. It makes absolutely no sense for a plugin to fail without before any entry point is called.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what more to tell you. Filters run on pixels.

I would do this, with some really bad code from a language I am creating:

while(true) {

select that layer

get the type of layer

if the type is not pixel then either skip it or rasterize it (Merge Group for your problem)

run my filter

is there another layer then keep going

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a shame, merging these groups adds a lot of time to the process. Do you have a suggestion for a plugin that can handle both groups and reading pixel data? Or is the Filter plugin the only one I have access to pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines