• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Once again expressing my disappointment over NFT integration

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Foremost, this isn't a debate thread for whether or not NFTs are good. They are not. They have a pyramid-shaped cash flow, they're environmentally detrimental (hashing algorithms are extremely wasteful by design), their marketplaces have become a nightmare of theft and plagiarism of artists' work, they don't constitute ownership, and they don't fulfill even their most baseline promises.

Coming from that point, integration with photoshop, even as a 'beta' feature, is the worst turn in this software's history. Integrating a hot internet fad for no reason is highly unbecoming of professional software, especially one with a household name as photoshop. The misleading way in which Adobe describes it to users is even worse.

NFTs will either end in a bubble burst, or in a steady descent into the same class of scams as "unexpected inheritance" emails, always scraping by with new marks even while their nature enters conventional awareness. In either case, it won't be a good look for Adobe.

In short, it would be great if the standard of image editing didn't do this.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed it in Ps. Shame on Adobe, just appalling. This and the Amazon thing on the boot-up screen for me indicate a kind of loss of integrity and makes me associate them with the commercial-world, far from an honest creative one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing appalling about it.

Content Credentials can be used with NFTs but also has other uses in production to trace image history and ownership.

https://c2pa.org/

Those of us who had images stolen and misused may welcome the introduction of tracability.

Taking away Content Credentials just because they can be used for that purpose would be like taking away the clone stamp tool because it can be used to alter images in a nefarious way.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines