Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One place on the object layer doesn't respond to brush tool on curve layer

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just started learning Photoshop for my graphic design classes in college. I watched some tutorial about using curves to apply light and shadows to my image and I am trying to use that to my project.

Right now I am trying to apply the shadows. And there's this tiny little bit of layer near the toes (marked with red circle) which doesn't respond to the brush and I don't know why. Every other place in that layer respond normally and shadows can be applied. Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix that?

Przechwytywanie.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see all of your layers in the Layers panel, so it's hard to know for sure what the issue is. You could try expanding your Layers panel and posting another screenshot.

I can see in the Layers panel on both Curves 3 and Curves 4  that the layer masks have a lot of black and a white dot. If you're trying to use the Curves adjustment layer to darken the entire layer, then you would want the layer mask to be entirely white. The adjustment layer will be restricted to where the layer mask is lighter (darker areas in the layer mask hide the content).

I can also see that you have those 2 layers both set as clipping masks. That could be part of the issue. It makes the content only affect the layer directly below it. From what I can see, the layer below it has a lot of transparency. You could try releasing the clipping masks by selecting the layer and going to Layer > Release Clipping Mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you check the Layer Mask of the basis of the Clipping Mask to see if that part of the pixel Layer is actually visible? 

Please hide all other Layers (alt-click the visibility icon the the Layers Panel) and post a screenshot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines