• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Open actions and edit them externally

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

I'm kinda stuck with actions in PS. I would like to open .atn files, edit them in a text editor and save them as .atn files again. 

I can open them via the alchemist plugin, copy the code, bring it into some text editor, and make changes. But how can I create .atn files? 

Some recommended xTools, unfortunately, I have trouble running the scripts. 

Someone else recommended UltraEdit, didn't work either 😕

So my initial idea is to create some action logic that saves automatically, that works. But, the export path is hard written, I do many exports, in many different folders, so changing it in PS is too much work. 

I wanna share my actions with my colleagues, but ofc they have a different file path, so it needs to be changed. replacing it within a text editor is fairly easy. 

I hope with that information you get some idea of the problem I am facing.

Hope someone knows what to do, 

Henrik

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using xtools is the only way that I know to successfully covert, edit and reconvert atn files (apart from a 3rd party Java program which I have never trusted).

Just download and extract the entire xtools directory, it shouldn't be a challenge to get to work. In the Apps folder, use ActionFileToXML.jsx and ActionFileFromXML.jsx

Sounds like you may need to move from actions to scripts. You can use xtools to convert atn to jsx if your need is only light.

Otherwise you will either need to edit the action on each computer or just replace the action step with a script, keeping all other steps as an action.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines