• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open from Creative cloud?

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in a an attempt for adobe to shove the cloud storage down our throats, The "open" command in Photoshop is defaulting to "Open from Creative Cloud” creating an extra step of finding the "on your Computer" button to simply open files.

There was a way to kill this nonsense when saving a file, but I don’t see it with the open dialogue. Any way to remove this garbage and just have a normal open option?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm seems to be doing this garbage in the save too... Your going to trick so many unknowing users into filliung up thier cloud storage and then push a CC cloud storage plan on the aren't you. Scumbags,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As preferences can become corrupt and or regularly reset to defaults for support/troubleshooting, I have created an action to reset preferences and other common settings. Before recording you need to set the control to be opposite of the intended result, then when you record the action it will correctly record the change to the required setting.

restore-prefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location dropdown menu option, I'm presuming that you are using an up to date 2022 version:

prefs.png

It appears that you have to click the "On your computer" button once after enabling the setting, then it is sticky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite how prefs are set, one can use a script to force a local open window (which does not offer all of the standard features of the default open window). A custom keyboard shortcut can then be applied to an installed script.

try {
    selectFile = File.openDialog("Please select the file or files:", Multiselect = true);
    for (var i = 0; i < selectFile.length; i++) {
        var openFiles = app.open(File(selectFile[i]));
    }
} catch (error) {}

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Thomsonx – So how did you go with my suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines