Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option + Com + Click to Select object?

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.png

Am I crazy? I used to use a mac keyboard shortcut Option + Command + Click to snap a selection around an object on a layer. It was useful if I had lots of seperate images with negative space around them (e.g. confetti) and I wanted to select broadly with a square marquee, and then use opt + Com + Click to snap a clean selection around the edges.

Am I the only who used to used this shortcut? It's not avaliable in my current version of Photoshop? I don't know what this short cut is called so I'm having trouble resetting the command or finding information about it. 

TIA

 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots that include the pertinent Panels. 

I am not sure what you mean; are you talking about the Direct Selection Tool, about loading Selections from Layers’ transparency in the Layers Panel, …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the layer is transparent, save for the objects on the layer, then maybe your thinking of Shift+Cmd+Option+Click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines