Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option key randomly "stuck" (not physically) when using Photoshop on M1 iMac

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So I recently bought an M1 iMac to work from home on a bigger screen and so I wouldn't overwork my 2019 Macbook Pro for heavier jobs.

What I found out while using Photoshop with my M1 iMac is that, at times, the optn key acted like it was being pressed down although it physically wasn't. There is, apparently, nothing I can do to solve this when it happens except restart my computer which ends up being a pain in the a** on my workflow.

I've searched this "bug" before and only found one person with an apparent solution which was to turn the sticky keys on and off (or along those lines). I also enabled the keyboard viewer and in fact when this bug takes place I can see that the optn key is "active" but even if I turn it off on the keyboard viewer, it still acts as if it's pressed down. None of these methods seems to work for me. And so here I go, restarting my computer again.

This only seems to happen on Photoshop and on my iMac. It never happened/happens on my Macbook Pro or on any other app from either computer. Only Photoshop on iMac.

I do have an MX Master 3 mouse and a Wacom Tablet connected to the iMac, I don't know if any of that could be messing with the software.

I just want to know if anyone has gone through this and/or if anyone has a solution as this is really dragging me in my workflow 😞

Thanks for any response in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Discount Wacom and try; any difference?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines