Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organize image files by resolution

Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Would like to script something to separate hi res and low res images that reside in the same folder, by either moving one or the other to another folder or deleting the lo res altogether. This should be a one time operation of a several hundred files (possibly over a thousand), so apple or java would work.

I have several applescripts to identify the properties of a file, but it is a slow process doing one at a time and then having to find/delete the fie. UGHH.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I need to do this on Windows, I open up Explorer with a Details view then sort by Dimensions and just highlight and delete the ones that are obviously thumbnail size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have to do this by file resolution because the low res are the same physical size as the hi res and both are jpg, so the file size for a low re and hi res can both be under 100k.

I need to remove all files in the folder that are under 300 dpi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, by "resolution" you mean print-resolution, not pixel-dimensions. Windows Explorer can also display and order a details listing by Vertical Resolution or Horizontal Resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of Photoshop are you using? There are several ways to automate sorting the files. If you already have Exiftools installed I would start there. If you are willing to learn it's command line syntax I would still recommend that approach.

If not I would use either a Bridge or Photoshop script depending on which version of Photoshop you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines