• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Other tool than clone stamp for removing artifacts?

Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gxPTCcThFU.png

How do I remove the outlines of a person that I removed from the image?

What I am doing is I take big spread size images and I save their objects as separate files, and then I reconstruct the image as a collage.

That would allow me to add extra objects into the image, to omit some of the objects, and I do this because I am creating a collage magazine layout, meaning that there will be text chunks added.

So I will combine the objects of this image with text objects so that I will partly recreate the image, but it might be slightly differently composed, to make space for the text.

I only know the clone stamp tool for this purpose, but only using that I am afraid that I would leave artifacts, so I wonder if there is any AI or automated tool for removing "ghost" part of images, like this countour left from a removed person?

What should I Google to find some good articles? I think I am lacking the terminology here.

The person was removed by selecting it then content aware fill.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Spot healing brush tool set to Content.Aware will get you a long way.

I used it on your screenshot, and also used the Color mixer/HSL tab of the Camera Raw filter to set saturation to -100 for red, orange, purple and magenta to get rid of the red blotches.

This was quick an dirty, so the grey wall now has a colder tone, but with some fine tuning you can probably get it warmer wihtout any red blotches.

gxPTCcThFU.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Clone Stamp much anymore.

The Patch Tool is an effective way to replace unwanted pixels with pixels from another part of your image.  I use it often in retouching.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/tool-techniques/patch-tool.html

Also the Spot Healing Brush is another good tool to try.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/healing-examples.html

Nancy O'Shea, Product User & Community Expert
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely a job for the Patch tool with it set to Destination in the Options Bar

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if it’s a common problem to have those hard leftover outline edges, that might be because the selection is too tight. If so, when you create a selection outline of a person, see if it helps to choose Select > Modify > Expand, expand the selection by 2 or 3 pixels, and then remove the person.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jesus Rameriz has some clever tricks for removing outlines and fringes.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines