• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outright Photoshop purchase in 2013 now being held hostage

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS6, which I bought outright in 2013, installed on my computer. Last year my daughter got a CC subscription through her school. Now all of the sudden, when her subscription expired, I no longer have acess to my version of Photoshop that I paid for outright. Is there a fix for this? When I go on my Adobe account, under product, it shows up with an option to download. Should I uninstall it and try to re-download?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You made need to use the Adobe cleaner tool to remove the CC part from you PC, it has been known to cause issues with activations of pre CC Adobe apps like Photoshop

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. If you have CS6 and install CC on the same machine, CS6 can be updated to a different version to the standalone perpetual licensed version. You should be able to deactivate, uninstall cc and CS6, redownload from your account, reinstall and reactivate.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Remove Creative Cloud with the Cleaner Tools.

2. Restart your computer.

3 Re-install CS6 with your original disks or downloads.  Enter your serial number.

CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated.

NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

NOTE 2: Legacy Creative Suite will never run on Catalina or Big Sur. Only the latest Creative Cloud products are compatible.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!  Real Adobe employees will NEVER reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines