• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

overlaying colors for printing

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need project images from a projector over a blue back ground, is there a way to test how the images will look with the blue back ground.  i can't wrap my head around how to do this but i know it can be done i have been using this chart but it really leaves out alot of the gradient colors, they did it to make this chart so it tells me it can be done! i use both photoshop and after effects.  thanks jeffcolor chart 1.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just forget that table, it tells you nothing useful.

In reality, it depends on the visual references around the image. Our visual perception is incredibly effective at adapting to different ambient conditions.

If the image is projected onto a blue wall, it may look perfectly fine. Within limits, the brain will "subtract" the blue environment. If the room is dark, all visual references are removed and it may again look fine.

If the blue is only within the image frame, totally isolated from neutral surroundings, then it will take on the full blue color cast. You can get an impression by adding a layer of similar color and setting it in Multiply blend mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Allison36124362cl4n how blue is the background? Pale? Sky? Ultramarine?

@D Fosse is quite right that if your image is projected onto an all (pale) blue area then the human eye will likely "try" to see the blue as white and probably succeed. You are going to have to test it out to be sure. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.
Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines