• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

overwriting filename in action after shut down computer

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using MacOS Monterey Modelnaam: iMac Pro, Model-ID: iMacPro1, Processornaam: 8-Core Intel Xeon W ,Processorsnelheid: 3,2 GHz.

Every time I shut down my computer and restart my action made in Photoshop overwrites te same filename everytime, very very annoying. So, I've made an action with F7 as shortcut for example I put a standard edit in a photo and resize it and then I say...safe as...... (it's own filename) but then the file is standard overwritten with another name and this happens everytime I've shut down my computer, so I have to make a new action every time I've been shutting down my computer. It all used to work fine till the latest update to 23.1.0

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. Does this type of unexpected behavior occur with any other action in Photoshop?
Could you please share the exact steps that you take to create the action, so that we can try replciating the issue at our end?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the action panel with the action set and all action steps expanded with the panel wide enough to view all content, most notably save path and names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may mistakenly recorded file name in action step. Please expand Save step in action to see what is recorded. When recording action do not touch filename field, just hit Save button. If you see in Save step filename.jpg for example then that is the problem.

save step.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines