• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Colors shift when going from LrC to Ps and back to LrC

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually follow a workflow where I export the image from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshoot for editing and this usually creates a TIFF file that gets added to my Lightroom Catalog. After the recent updates, I am noticing an issue with colors. After I am done editing on Photoshop the very first time I save the TIFF file the colors get completely messed up. It looks like the Embedded RGB profile is somehow getting stripped. If I make another minor adjustment and save the file a second time then things are fine. This never used to happen before. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Here is an example. In the below image I just exported the RAW file from LR to PS and saved the file. As you can see below the colors are all dull in LR.  However, on the PS window, it seems fine. Now at this stage, if close the TIFF file in PS and then reopen the same file again in PS I notice the same dull colors as below.

_PP_3844-Edit.jpg

For this experiment without closing the file, I tried to introduce a change. I just duplicated the Background layer and then flattened the image, and saved it the second time. Now the colors look fine on LR. Now if I close and reopen the file both LR and PS shows the right colors.

_PP_3844-Edit-2.jpg

As a workaround, I am doing this two times saving technique. But this is a bit annoying since sometimes I forgot to do this and the colors are all wrong after the first save.

By the way, here are my external editor color settings in Lightroom Classic CC (v11.3.1)

Chinniah_1-1650848375100.png

Here are my color settings in Photoshop CC 2022 (v23.3.1)

Chinniah_2-1650848432429.png

I made sure they are both using ProPhotoRGB. I hope I included all the required information. If anyone else is seeing this issue or if there is a fix for this please let me know?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Thank you all for the reply. Resetting the PS preferences fixed the issue for me.

I am using Windows 10 with NVIDIA GTX 1060 graphics card and Intel Core i7-4790 CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

I've found the earlier thread. Reset your Photoshop preferences. That should fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clear it up, in the morning everything was working fine while editing the wedding images. In the evening, the Problem occured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in the round trip between LR and PS whereby the ICC profile is stripped. Reset your Photoshop preferences, that will fix the issue for the time being. But you will need to open the saved (from Photoshop) documents and Assign the correct profile. Look at your LR preferences (Edit in Photoshop) to see what ICC profile you asked for, then use the Assign Profile command in Photoshop to tag that Working Space to these documents. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be good, if resetting preferences fixes this, if we could get a copy of that Photoshop preference file to test with so we can work on reproducing this issue to work towards a fix for this. 

If you can @thomasp74877613, please make a backup of your Ps preferences prior to reset so you can bring them back if the reset doesn't fix it, and also so you could attach that file here so we can investigate further.

Thanks for the help @TheDigitalDog

Regards,

Pete 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the first cases of this being reported is here (Apr 24, 2022): 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/export-to-ps2022-from-lightroom-shows...

And one more here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/raw-nef-file-edited-quot-edit-in-photos...

Perhaps merging all these will help? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, thank you for those links! Will look to merge them together and continue with investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the prefs seems to have fixed this problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug that has been reported a good number of times. The fix is to reset Photoshop preferences.

What happens is that the embedded color profile from Photoshop is stripped, so that Lightroom treats the file as sRGB.

After you've reset PS preferences, you may need to assign the correct profile to the PS file again.

Exactly what it is that corrupts the preferences I don't know (hasn't happened here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's make sure we merge all the conversations about this issue to this thread as Adobe is tracking it.

Also, if anyone sees this bug, BEFORE resetting preferences, please make a copy because Adobe needs one in this state to examine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I use PS 23.3.2 and I also use LR 11.3.1 on my Mac Pro M1 15.6 Inches system.  Bothe apps as specific to Mac world.  I have a peculiar situation.  If I edit in an image in PS from LR, on completing my edits in PS, regardless if I flatten the image or not, when I save the image, in PS, the image appears in LR with colors completely downgraded in share and saturation.  Why does this happen?  Has it got to do with some settings?  Am I doing something wrong in my work flow?  Ocassionally, the image in LR appears exactly the way it appeared post edits in PS.  I am quite perplexed and do not know how to solve this issue.  ny suggestions would be helpful. Than you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you reset your preferences, make a copy as Adobe may need one to examine. 

Quit Photoshop.
Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder:
MacOS**: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
**Note:
The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. In the Finder, hold down the Option key when using the Go menu. Library will appear below the current user's home directory. Now you can drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I had this exact same problem and posted it to the Bugs section of this forum. The replies that I got basically said it was a bug and to rectify it, you need to delete your Photoshop preferences from the system. I did that and have not had that problem since.

Before you delete any preferences, take note of how you have things set up and quit Photoshop. Then, to delete its preferences, press & hold Shift+Option+Command keys as soon as you first start Photoshop. Hold the keys down until you see a dialog appear that asks if you want to delete the preferences. Click Yes.

Depending on what OS you’re on, you can also go to Photoshop> Preferences. Under the General tab, click the button that says “Reset Preferences on Quit” in the lower right:

I’m not exactly sure if the second way will suffice, but try it and if that doesn’t work, do the first.

Good luck!
Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lynn

Samir Dhond
+91 984 501 9661

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a way to still be apble to apply more colour corredction to an image once it has left LRC gone to PS and back to LRC. Once back in LRC if i go to add any further adjustments or add presents the colours get all messed up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nicole, have you tried deleting Photoshop's preferences as in the earlier answer? That would be a good place to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines