• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Graphics card not detected in Photoshop 22.3.1 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I update Photoshop CC2021 to vers 22.3.1 on 4-14-2021. Now photoshop does not recognizes the graphic accelerator.

I have a Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050Ti Graphic card never had any problems before when updating. I had to revert back to vers. 22.3 to make it work again.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-64828}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 in which we have included some bug fixes related to the "GPU not getting detected" in Photoshop. Please update Photoshop to the 22.4 version and let us know your feedback. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 355 Replies 355
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Axel. Just for my information and education, how do you do that? (I've unchecked the HD Audio driver and Geforce Experience in the installation program.). Might just try it if simple and not onerous (time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... how do you do that? (I've unchecked the HD Audio driver and Geforce Experience in the installation program.)...

During the installation process you choose the user defined installation. Then you can choose which components you will install.

1. System check -> mark driver only

install1.PNG

2. Choose "user defined"

install2.PNG

3. Choose the driver (can't be unchecked) and the PhysX system software

install3.PNG

Then continue with the installation. Sorry, but the screenshot are in German, but I hope it helps.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.3.1 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems re German. I easily got the gist. Will screen shot and save. I looked again at Nvidia experience and couldnt find what you were referring to. Perhaps it only happens with a new download (even though I tried reinstalling, it didnt give me the options you referred to). Also of interest, when I go to home I see this: no PS! ? relevant. I dont have any apps open.

Anyhow Axel thank you agian for the time, trouble and concern you have shown. Appreciated

martinl23268315_0-1618999853322.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Nvidia GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5 in a Dell XPS 15  I7    Build 9560  (2017) Laptop  which worked perfectly with Photoshop CC  until Windows 10 20H2 was installed in March 2021.  After that Photoshop would not recognise  the GPU. With the help of Dell  we tried uninstall / reinstall drivers, rolling back drivers. trying to force Photoshop to use the driver  all to no avail.  I swopped the SSD for a fresh one and installed 20H2 ,with just photoshop installed,  Nothing else Again PS  CC  would not recognise the driver showing it was an unknown driver. Yesterday I found  an identical  version  of my  XPS laptop for sale on Ebay. The owner  agreed to load PS CC  to check he had the same problem,   PS CC recognized the driver , I then asked him to install  Windows 20H2 . After that PS CC could not find the driver. So I have three different scenarios that all point to Windows 20H2  corrupting the   Nvidia GTX 1050 so it  could not be found by Photoshop CC I also have Skylum Luminar AI  which also need a GPU It  no longer process's images because it cannot find a 4GL  processor. I would appreciate a comment from  Adobe about this situation.  I tested just three, different setups,  but I suspect this issue is more widespread.  I need to know when a correction update will be rolled out. To allow me to start fully  processing images again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrade the Photoshop to the version 22.3.0 seems to do the trick for now.
Let's see if the next update fix the problem without a need for workarounds...

2021-04-21 (2).png2021-04-21 (1).png2021-04-21 (3).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I did not discvover my Uknown GPU problem  / accept I couldn't resolve it until after the 10 days grace Microsoft  so very  kindly allow.  Hence I do not have the luxery to roll back windows  to the previou version. So unless Adobe find a cause / solution I am left  hanging around. waiting for an MS  magic update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom. It is not Windows that you need to roll back, but Adobe Photoshop app itself. You do that using Adobe Creative Cloud app. I can confirm that rolling AP back to 22.3 (from 22.3.1) worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like @defaultrimj5km5ldd2 said... in the Creative Cloud

01.png02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Again. Last night I Rolled Back Phtoshop to  version 22.30  and used the Studio Driver for  GE 1050.        PS then  found the driver and I thought my problems were over! 

Unfortunately this morning  Photoshop didn't even show an unknown GPU.  I then updated my Driver to Game Ready  GE 1050Ti   as I have 4Gb GDDR5.  That made no difference 

My only other choice is to now  try the Studio Version of  GE1050 TI.  I just wonder why PS  workd last night but not this morining. What has changed?  All very frustrating.

Is it wotth rolling back PS any further?  Is the issue all Photoshop or does  the March update of Windows  20HU play a part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue, the latest photoshop update does not recognize my Quadro RTX and that is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to version 22.3 and the problem is gone, performance is back and the GPU is working again, even tho I cannot select any other option than basic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c_live_lee_0-1619223978772.png

Same issue as everyone else. I know I simply need to revert to the previous version of Photoshop, and I will, but I still wanted to document my grievance. My computer may not be the biggest, baddest gaming PC on the block, but it's MORE than capable of holding its own in every way while using Photoshop. Also, I'm up to date on all drivers and Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update on my end. Reverting to 22.3.0 from 22.3.1 allowed my graphics card to be considered good enough to run Photoshop. Guess I'll stay there until I can confirm a stable update. Hopefully someone posts it in this thread, if and when it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see Adobe exactly racing to fix the problem. Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem with my 6800Xt. 

all of my drivers are up to date and I have tried all of the things that have been suggested here and no luck. 

Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RTX 2080 here with the same problem. Updating to the latest Nvidia Studio drivers, but I fear that wont solve anything. Downgrading photoshop is my next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems resetting preferences was the only thing to solve the problem. The 2080 shows up, and seems to allow me to use Photoshop again. I'll report back if the issue returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is rediculous. After restarting the GPU can no longer be detected. I don't want to reset my preferences EVERY time I launch photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes indeed is it ... only solution is to downgrade to 22.3.0 - Adobe is awfully quite about this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can indeed confirm that the only working solution is to downgrade entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with a Intel 8809 CPU with builtin AMD Vega GPU. Had to revert to 22.3.0. I have now disabled the auto update since every second update seems to ruin something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for i have found the TEDIOUS workaround is: delete your ps preference (save your workspaces if needed), open photoshop, reconfigure, (video card set to advance and all other settings ticked if needed/used as the video card will be detected). exit photoshop.

Put back any woking spaces to the preference folder.

restart pc.

open photoshop and work. (as everything will work as intended.)
IF you close and open again in the same computer session, video card will break, you need to restart your pc if you close photoshop IN THAT session. sorry for english.

to give you an example my work flow is this: open photoshop, any other program. and never close photoshop, if for some reason i quit photoshop, i restart my pc.

ive tested this, and can replicate the error every time
and the solution is replicate too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the .1 upgrade significant enough to go through this workaround? Or just wait for the .2 upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

idk really, but i just dont want to deal with reinstalling all my plugins, is less work for me to do this .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good point - Adobe makes us work had to keep everything up and running. cant stress enough how valuable is it to keep older point upgrades around and document EVERYTHING in terms of plugins, licences, install locations etc. Also do regularly back ups og all settings files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines