• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Pen Tool Not Working as it should

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated Photoshop to v22.3 (10 March 2021). When I try to use the Pen Tool it puts the nodes in but doesn't create a linking line. I have closed everything and re-started my PC but the error still there. I've been trying to find a way to report this to Adobe but this is the only feedback area I can find. I have been using Photoshop for over 20 years and using the Pen Tool all that time. I need to complete a job but I'm now stuck as I need this tool.

Can I uninstall this update?

Anyone else having this problem?

Do Adobe monitor this feed?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 370 Replies 370
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the screen recording: 
bugReportPenToolUnconnectedPat-8beb8571-88a4-4f24-8d22-1ed55522386b-434648261.gif 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn’t you understand what I wrote? 

Create a Work Path – one PathPoint is enough. 

Then you can work on the existing Paths as expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but for me it is an issue when adjusting existing paths. For example Path 1 needs to be made into a Work Path to be edited and the re-saved as Path 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, one just needs to maintain a Work Path to be able to work on the named Paths … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue in the current version:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The important thing (for now) seems to be that there is a work-around and rolling back Photoshop is not necessary because of this issue – other people may have to do so because of other issues, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the hint and the link. That works well and so I can hope that Adobe will solve the problem much more relaxed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's really an annoying bug. But there is a workaround available: As long as you keep a Work Path in the document, named/saved paths behave as they should. See that thread for more details: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2230-pen-tool-not-working-as-it-sho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Stuart Reeves 

I thought I was going to chuck my computer out the window. I burned a whole afternoon thinking I was doing something wrong, so frustrating.  Thanks for posting!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work-around: Maintain Work Path while working on named Paths. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, just adding more info if required. Rolled back to 22.2.

All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue has been acknowledged; until a fix is released you can either use the work-around or roll back Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's true, you can lose settings by rolling back.

I forgot to backup my PS settings in one of my rollbacks and had to drag them from Time Machine so no big deal but it's good to have a little folder with them where the settings are always there waiting for the next rollback. Not just the workspace, but actions and other presets got screwy. You can get them back from your backup drive if you have one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off: For me the work-around (maintaining a Work Path while working on named Paths) works just fine. 

Secondly: If you re-install the older version make sure to back-up all your customised presets first. I think I have read from people who lost their settings when rolling back the Photoshop version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems unnecessary. 

Just create a Work Path and then select the existing Path and work on that – as long as a Work Path exists working on named Paths should work as expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the work around. It still slowing me down because if I want to edit an existing path I have to copy it onto a work path then rename it. I wish Adobe would test the bread and butter tools so at least we can still work and not problem solve! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the work-around of maintaining a Work Path while working on named Paths? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with "Fire the person responsible for this" part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't imagine that beta testers are involved in a "real" work life. It took me 10 minutes to find the bug. Happens so often (just remembering the transformation tool)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me what update you did because when I look here my laptop is up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@An Rens 

I updated my desktop to 22.4.2 and the pen didn't work. Ysterday I updated my Asus laptop and the pen works just fine. Didn't work berofe the update. No idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem with the pen tool, I have the update 22.4.2 and still have the same problem. This is really annoying. Adobe can you please fix this because this is really not good! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure it ia a display issue but how? First the pen died in my desktop when I updated to 22.4 I, think. Then I went to the laptop which had 22.3.1 (I think). I cheched the pen Before the update and worked 100%. However after the update, dead. Same with the desktop, worked 100%. Now I have 22.4.2 on the desktop and still no good. When drawing if tou drag the anchor, fine, but if you just click straight lines, nothing shows. If you turn the layer off and back on, all lines and anchors are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out page 7. 

It seems the Pen Tool’s functionality was restored in 22.4.0 and re-broken in 22.4.1 – though at least one poster mentioned that hiding and showing made them see the connecting Paths so it might »only« be a display issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see 22.4.1 is available ---- before updating --- what is the experience here with the pen too;? Anyone? Still having problems - It seems to be working now in 22.4.0. I am in the middle of a deadline and am tired for having a bloated broken photoshop. Anyone have feedback with 22.4.1 please? Anyone having problem on Big Sur with the latest Wacom update and Photoshop? Lagging brushes, skipping??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines