• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 24.3 Strobes in Black and White when Opening files

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when attempting to open a photo in Photoshop on my HP Laptop, details below, the photo appears in the layers tab bottom right, but not in the workspace /desktop: It is a constant Black / White strobe. The desktop /workspace flashes Black and white

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎24/‎03/‎2021
OS build 19044.2604
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Hi All,

Apologies for the flashing/strobing you're experiencing when opening files, this tends to affect older graphics cards (GPU) that don't support all of the aspects of DirectX 12.

For Windows:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Enable the Older GPU Mode option in Preferences > Technology Previews > “Use Older GPU Mode (pre 2016)"
  3. Check if there's a GPU driver update available and update if so

For macOS:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Update to a newer or latest ma

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

We would like to find out if there are any of you on Windows for whom:

A. Use Older GPU Mode is Checked, and

B. Deactivate Native canvas is Unchecked, and

C. are still experiencing this strobing issue with a GPU that supports DirectX 12?

If so, could you please provide Photoshop's Help > System Info dialog text in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1249 Replies 1249
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last Photoshop update V24.3 my images will not load correctly, the images apear as flashing white in full working screen. Has anyone else had this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe writing on GPU (video card) issues.

Here are some suggestions from Adobe for GPU issues.

First check the system requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

next:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Also:

Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

And sometimes this helps:

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.

Also try this:

Check your hardware acceleration settings and in particular turn off the Native Canvas.

Do that in Preferences>Technology Previews: 

check the tickbox for 'Deactivate Native Canvas' and uncheck 'Enable Native Canvas ', then restart Photoshop

Next step would be to go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable "Older GPU mode (pre 2016)", then restart Photoshop

Next step would be to disable the GPU in Photoshop preferences, then restart Photoshop

consider updating your graphics driver

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, tengo problemas con Photoshop porque lo abrí y empieza a alumbrar y a apagarse la pantalla... Lo desinstalé pero tampoco me funcionó.

¿Qué creen que podría ser? graciaas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the following post, an Adobe Employee explains the strobing issue and offers some recommendations:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

J'essaye d'ouvrir mes fichiers sur mon ordi et l'écran devient blanc/noir/blanc/noir en répétition.

Sur un autre ordinateur les fichiers s'ouvrent correctement.

Peu importe le fichier sur mon ordinateur, Photoshop s'ouvre mais le plan de travail bug, même si j'ai accès à mes calques, à mes outils, etc.

J'ai fais en début de semaine la dernière mise à jour, je ne sais pas si ça peut être le problème.

Si jamais quelqu'un a déjà eu ce problème, je suis preneuse de conseil ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Manon28954484yr5c 

open photoshop>edit>preferences>technology preview>check "disable native canvas"

then restart photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci beaucoup ! Probléme résolu !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS suddenly started having nothing but a white screem in the workspace (see image) I uninstalled and reinstalled but same issue persistsScreenshot 2023-04-06 125446.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today after the update, I can't open the PSD file, it flashes black and white

Video:
https://sharing.clickup.com/clip/p/t2521584/e9640bc7-b6a9-405a-9689-c774eeeccced/screen-recording-20...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I want to use photoshop app but when I try to arrange width, height, resolution, the page that opens is constantly changing to black and white. What should I do or how can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Okan29280826osfk 

open photoshop>edit>preferences>technology preview>check "disable native canvas"

then restart photoshop

=================================================

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, tengo problemas con Photoshop, no puedo abrir ni editar las fotografias, sale la imagen parpadeando en blanco y negro. He desinstalado el programa y luego he instalado la version anterior.

pero la aplicacion tarda un monton en descargar y no se completa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anggie Liz29280049e6aa go to Edit > Preferences > Technology Previews and enable this option, then restart Photoshop

2023-03-25 10_03_30-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour. Quand j'ouvre mes docs Photoshop (png, psd...), le doc apparait blanc. Les calques aussi sont présent mais les vignettes sont transparentes (sauf le fond ou background). Je peux utiliser tous les outils mais je ne vois rien. Problème de preview ?screen.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Frédéric2926532683g5 

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable “Older GPU mode (pre 2016)” - Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Frédéric2926532683g5 if the above doesn't help, try going to Edit > Preferences > Technology Previews and enable this option, then restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photopshop 24.3.0 on Mac Studio.

Photoshop will now and then stutter/lag/flicker _once_ about every minutte, If I am for example using the lasso tool to draw a selection I will loose the selection when this happen.

Any clues how to slove this?

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then restart photoshop

<moved from cc desktop bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling the open GL or the graphics processor. You will need to restart Photoshop for that change to take effect.

MikeGondek_0-1680705010463.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my Ps is flicking constantly , can someone tell me why it is happening? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sylviem70548054 go to Edit > Preferences > Technology Previews and enable this option, then restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

up untill now I have never had a problem with Photoshop.  I open up a photo and it opens in raw no problem but when I go to open up the photo to process it from raw I get a white flashing screen and can not get rid of it unless I close the whole program....as I said no problems opening photos in Raw!! help  Keith Burkard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo problemas con Photoshop. Se abre perfectamente, pero cuando subo un archivo RAW y JPG el monitor empieza a titilar. La imagen se carga como una capa, pero no aparece en la mesa de trabajo.- En los últimos trabajos realizados estaba todo bien.-
Por favor, alguien me puede ayudar????

Muchas gracias.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

program çalışmıyor. ekran siyah beyaz değişiklik baş gösterdi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kadir29328995biph go to Edit > Preferences > Technology Previews and enable this option, then restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines