• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 25.9.0 Generative fill not working (something went wrong, please try again)

New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try Generative expand or fill the progress bar pops up, gets 1/3rd of the way through then it errors out with a message that says "Something went wrong, please try again"

I've unintalled and reinstalled photoshop, and this issue still persists. How can I fix this so that genertive fill will work again? I rely on this tool heavily to fix images so they work for publications and i need this to be fixed.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 4.04.26 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Hey everybody.

Generative fill was down for a bit but is now functioning normally. Sorry for the inconveience. 

FYI... If in doubt, you can always check Adobe Status for up-to-date information on the status of any Adobe services.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 126 Replies 126
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. Fix would be great 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon, it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me as we speak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jasmine34480424s66d,

Please try to Press and Hold  Shift and then open photoshop.
It will ask if you wish to Skip Loading optional and third party plugins.
Click on Yes and then check if it works.
If it works, then you may reset Photoshop preferences but it would remove any plugins,action or presets and you will have to reimport them again.
Use this link for complete instructions to reset photoshop preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html
Search for Reset Photoshop Preferences> Manually
Check attached screenshot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what you suggested to skip loading plugins but it did not resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know more about the OS details.
Is it Windows or a MAC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It randomly started working again for me. 

Seems like it was on the Adobe server side. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked wonders for me. Thank you so much, I've been stressing a lot about this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, did nothing and it started working again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's back up! Thankful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been fixed on photoshop but still the same on lightroom classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you remove the last update?

I have a similar error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The progress bar starts and then stops halfway with no results. Expand does the crop bit but won't do the generative bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generative fill and expand was workiing fine for me earlier today but isn't tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the same. First I had an issue with the beta not loading/starting after updating to 25.9. 25. 10 fixed it. Now my reg photoshop is not working. It worked fine all along. Today I start it up and go to use gen expand. It starts to work and stops. I get an error that something went wrong. I am getting really frustrated. If its not one thing acting up or not working, it's another. This stuff is to expensive to work like this. I've been spending more time reading forums and troubleshooting photoshop issues than I have been editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and now it's working!

Perhaps Adobe was doing something on their servers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on 25.7 and updating to 25.9 fixed it for me.  I'm running on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also on PS 25.9 - I didnt do anything except left it a couple of hours and bingo, it works again.

I'm on a Mac (Sonama 14.5) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing it was on Adobe's side in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if we got notifications about server maintenance, or whatever the problem was to save us all wasting time problem solving!

Are you listening Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, yo tengo un problema similar y no se como solucionarlo antes me funcionaba perfecto

Daya37603204rns9_0-1716512317638.png

realmente lo uso como siempre lo he usado y tambien actualice photoshop y nada 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here to see if anyone else was reporting this. It doesn't matter what I do: Generative fill no longer works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems also that everything Adobe--from logins to installs, is low or down this weekend, so maybe that is the real problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to fix my issues by updating the beta or uninstalling then reinstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i saw this started around the 23rd it is now the 26th and i am still having this issue , it will say that there was an error or what i typed in goes against guidlines or even if i type nothing in this issue still persit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines