• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Program error while opening or creating new document after Photoshop 22.1 update [2020]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday's update, can´t even open a jpg file. Always says: Could not complete your request because of a program error. I need to work.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-52603}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Hi all,

05/20 update: We have resolved another program error issue while dragging assets from libraries to the artboard in Photoshop 22.4.1 update. Could you please update Photoshop to the 22.4.1 version via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know your feedback.

Here's how you update Photoshop to its latest version: Update Creative Cloud apps

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1058 Replies 1058
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Camera Raw plugin version 13.2 MBP running Mojave 10.14.6, Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB graphics, 32 GB RAM. Program error when opening RAW files by all camera manufacturers. Reset prefs, removed temporary GPU disable file, modified GPU settings as per support suggestions, turned off GPU accelleration, reinstalled both PS and Bridge, logged errror info and sent to Adobe. STILL NOT WORKING. Abobe specifies ACR 13 and PS 22.3 as compatible with MBP as per specs above. They are not. Roll back to PS 20.0.9 and and ACR 12 and hope that Adobe pays attention to the many users having difficulty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the Program error. Our product team is working on a fix for the program error. Meanwhile, you can try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please continue to use the previous version of Photoshop while our product team works on a fix.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so i've had this ongoing issue that only temporarily resolves itself by restarting my Mac but it usually happens after around 5-10 PSD saves. Basically I get this error: "Could not save “FILENAME...” because of a program error" whenever I try to save progress of a PSD. My only workaround to save my file is to Save As instead until I restart my mac. After restarting my mac, I am able to save normal again until the problem comes back. This happens when trying to save on both my normal drive and all external drives. I used the Photoshop User Diagnostics tool to get the information of the error I'm getting in the attached .txt file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Note that I've redacted the file name (replaced as FILENAME for client confidentiality.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Please update Photoshop to the latest version (22.3) if you haven't already to check if that helps. You can also try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estou tentando resolver um problema de erro no meu PS, o erro persiste a todo tempo!!

Não consigo trabalhar, em tudo q eu faço aparece essa msg.

1. Não foi possivel completar o seu pedido devido a um erro de programa

Preciso de uma SOLUÇÃO URGENTE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the program error. Our product team is working on a fix for the program error. Meanwhile, you can try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Please uninstall the latest version of Photoshop first & select the option to Keep Preferences prior to installing the previous version.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it seems that i have run into some overwriting issues on my iMac while removing greenscreen from portrait photos. 

1. First i colorgrade the original photo in my lightroom Collection

2. Then i select the "Edit in Photoshop 2021"

3. When i have editet the photo in photoshop, i can only save one time (cmd+s) before i get the error message "Could not save "DSC09005-Edit.tif" because of a program error.".

It seems that photoshop cant overwrite the new "edit" file at the original location. Even if i try "Save as" i get the same error message. 

I have not experienced this problem befor updating to macOS Big Sur v.11.2.3 on my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017). 

Phototoshop version: 22.3

Lighroom Classic version: 10.2

Both photoshop and lightroom have full disk access and i have restarted the mac several times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Our product team is working on a fix for the program error. Meanwhile, you can try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried everything suggested with no luck... 

I can only use the function "save" once in every prosject regardless if it comes from Lightroom or not. Every time i want to save changes to a prosjet i need to use the "save as" function...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error.JPGPhotoshop me marca este error al abrir cualquier archivo, no se porque razon, alguien me puede ayudar con eso..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the Program error. Our product team is working on a fix for the program error. Meanwhile, you can try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time i try to open a document i keep getting..."Could not complete your request because of a program error." I have uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled it twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the Program error while trying to open files. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system?

Please update Photoshop to version 22.3 (if you haven't already) to check if that helps. You can also try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My post clearly shows my system and versions of PS and ACR as well as all of the steps I have taken to try to fix the problem. With all due respect, the response above is boilerplate.

PS 22.3, ACR 13.2 (latest), Apple MBP 2018, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB, Mac OS 10.14.6

I have already rolled back to the previous versions of PS and ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe documentation shows the following configuration as sufficient to run the new version of PS and ACR. Current versions of LR do work.

PS 22.3, ACR 13.2 (latest), Apple MBP 2018, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB, Mac OS 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Снимок экрана 2021-03-31 в 15.26.22.pngСнимок экрана 2021-03-31 в 15.26.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the Program error while trying to open files. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system?

Please update Photoshop to version 22.3 (if you haven't already) to check if that helps. You can also try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Also, checkout the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html#Programerrorwhilesavingfiles

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating I now get "Could not complete your request because of a program error." when opeing , closing images or trying to use any tool. 

I've uninstalled - reinstalled and the same thing keeps popping up constantly   I'm unable to work.

I've tried all the help links and bar short of burning my pc i'm at a loss.

I have a very high spec pc so thats not the issue

Please help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please update Photoshop to version 22.3 (if you haven't already) to check if that helps. You can also try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

If the issue persists, please roll back to the previous version of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2wH0JjE

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with this error for weeks now.  just updated to 22.3 and get the same error.  This is unacceptable!!!  Seriously impacting my ability to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my dell XPS 15 from 2010. I have the latest windows 10 update (20H2. OS build 19042.906)

My GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M, Driver 391.35.

After the 22.3 update I am no longer able to open preformance under preferences > Performance and all the filter options is grayed out. So it seems that the graphic card is disabled in version 22.3. Reverted back to 22.2 and that solved the problem.

So there is no reason for 22.3 to not work on this laptop In fact it is supported according to creative cloud.

I have also a newer alienware 17R3 with Nvidia GTX 980M and 22.3 works, but for some reason the option to change between the different drawing modes are not possible for the firts attemts. So something is clearly off with 22.3...

Hope that a update will fix it so I can update both my laptops...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

When are we going to have an actual solution to this PAYED software. Not good enough to just roll back as this thread is now at 39 pages. Please escalate this situation and report back as to where it now resides. We as paying customers may need to look into some compensation on the ever increasing subscription fees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing a problem trying to save edits made on an image. It allowed me to 'Save as' but not 'Save', Updated to PS 22.3 hoping that it would solve the problem, but same thing happens. Any input?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2021 due to the Program error while saving.

Our product team is working on a fix for the program error. Meanwhile, you can try the steps suggested here: https://adobe.ly/2JZDqZB

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop installed on a Windows 10 device and when I go to open an image to work on I get a pop up window that says "Could not complete  your request because of a program error." I have tried restarting my machine as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop. This error pops up even when I open Photoshop and try to create a new document or open an existing Photoshop file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines