• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: White squares/Boxes appear

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this annoying problem for several weeks now. None of the solutions on the internet work at all. If this is your first time reading about this problem, these are the solutions I've seen so far (none of them is a real solution, each one causes other problems):

- Uncheck "Use graphics processor" in the performance tab in configuration. Result: It disables the rotating canvas features for Wacom tablets after a couple of minutes or just instantly.
- Check "Deactivate native canvas" and/or "Older GPU Mode (pre 2016)" in technology previews tab. Result: It becomes absurdly lagged, it is useless to work, just moving the canvas makes it go at 1fps.

I also have all my drivers updated (GPU, Windows, Wacom), PS updated, and with priority for the GPU. Is there any real solution for this? I have an RTX 3080 8 GB. This should not happen.

PS.gif
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 128 Replies 128
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has started happening again after updating to PS 2024. Deactivate Native Canvas is still checked. Use Older GPU Mode is no longer an option.

Any tips to get rid of this annoying bug? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoying is actually a bit of an understatement, it's pretty much impossible to use this version of Photoshop right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I can't do anything about it. I don't get it though I dont have these "Disable Native Canvas" settings? I have all the latest versions but I cant see these...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MasterPale that setting missing is a bug, it will be addressed in an upcoming release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly enough I started to get this bug after I updated to lastest version (25.3.1). These tricks seem to sort of help but its funny I have to pretend my gpu is 2016 while rtx 3090 most deffo supports dx12. Also zooming etc is much slower now which doesnt help.

Any word on a proper fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ondrej28385916vv3q a few things have been updated since this post was closed.

Do you get the white boxes with 2016 gpu mode turned off?

1. Make sure you are running the latest Studio drivers, not Gaming.

2. In your driver settings make sure you are not overclocking/hypthreading/etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening to me with my 2019 macbook pro. There is no Use older GPU button. What is the solution here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultj5lzp0xncl5q go to technology preview and check Disable Native Canvas. Under performance uncheck "Multithreaded Compostiting" and relaunch PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of this and i'm still getting the error. I really cannot work like that as editing is the bulk of my business. Someone please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Happiness5C13 try installing the previous version of PS to see if it resolves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Where do I find this? I use PS in another language so I'm having a hard time trying to locate those settings. Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Karine35159062mz04 go to your Creative Cloud desktop app/Apps and to the right of Photoshop click the ... to access the drop down menu. Choose "other versions"

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1706716736657.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this going to be fixed? It's not ideal to have to open an old version of Photoshop any time I have to use the brush tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when i'm using the brush or moving an object around on an artboard.

White Box Glitch.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RealMikeBaldwin did you try adjusting the preferences and restarting Photoshop as noted above? Did that fix it or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that. And I updated my GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing what was suggested [“Disable Native Canvas”. Then check “Use Older GPU Mode (2016)”.] actually caused problems with other features like Select Subject and Object Selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RealMikeBaldwin Older GPU should only be used if the first option does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this helps but this has something to do with layers. Noticed that error doesn't occur when you're working on the top layer or a layer not within a group. Also realized that I sometimes cannot use eye dropper to pull color from a layer that is not a top layer. Move it to the top layer and see if that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it was the artboards. Disabling it fixed for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem is with GPU compositing, I was also having same problem while moving any object with selection tool.  it only arises when i increase canvas size. when i disbled GPU compositing from preference settings/Performance/advanced settings, it stopped glitching.

but it's not an ideal solution as Photoshop often benefits from GPU acceleration for smoother editing.

Saranjith19749421phm3_0-1707289722017.png

try Updating the graphic drivers or using older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has worked for me. And there is no option to disable the artboard when creating a new document. My work is really hurting right now.

I am making sacrifaces to pay for my Adobe subscription. These bug should not be happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of these made it worse for me. PLEASE FIX THIS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines