• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paint bucket tool is missing after recent update Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2015-12-04 om 07.36.23.pngAfter the new update i can not find the fill bucket icon under the gradient icon anymore is the bucket relocated somewhere else. Or is this some sort of bug / error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Go to Edit>Toolbar, click Restore Defaults and Done.

See if that gets things back to normal.

rd.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit>Toolbar, click Restore Defaults and Done.

See if that gets things back to normal.

rd.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just that easy!

Thanks Schermafbeelding 2015-12-04 om 08.05.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did NOT work....this is a joke!

I've just wasted a boat load of time on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it appears that none of the edit tools are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ariar61845839  If you can be more specific as to what you tried and where it didn't work (or what didn't show on your screen) someone could probably help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Thank you so so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2015 Dec 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to belabor the point, but why was it changed like that?  I haven't touched the toolbar settings since the latest version was installed, so apparently it installs this way.  Freaking WHY??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used the bucket tool Adobe has saved you from yourself by hiding it.  Future users will never know about it.  It's so 1990's and when you work at Adobe and were born in the 1990's removing things is a way of advancing ones career. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy there, buddy, We get that you've got the whole pretentious graphic design complex going on, but us plebs might still want to use the tool for simple tasks. I wanted to use the paint bucket to fill in half shapes for a pedigree chart for my bio class, but I guess that's too 1990s of me. Thank God Adobe saved me from this egregious crime against electronic arts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what a load of rubbish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For some real fun and frustration head on over to Bridge 2023! Then go back to 2022 version that actually works! Can't agree more with you. Today is my first day in this version of PS and well...PS are apt letters. Too many UXers in the kitchen. 

From somewhere on Colorado's Continental Divide...
~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R_Kelly, I'm missing my Paintbucket, as well, and I don't even show the Toolbar option under Edit:

edit menu.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think your missing the Paint Bucket Tool.

Just left click and hold on the Gradient Tool in the toolbox to get to the Paint Bucket Tool.

Photoshop tool galleries

pbt.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the paintbucket does not appear. Its like its totally missing in this update. I really need that tool! I often make selections in layer-masks and then fill them with black, white or grey to hide or to show.. I cannot do this anymore! Its really frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh. R_Kelly showed you where your bucket is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error spontaneously after my workspace completely disappeared.  It was not a matter of long pressing or ALT-clicking the tool but going to Edit > Toolbar... (as mentioned above) but instead of resetting the toolbar, I moved the paint bucket took back to its rightful place.  See visual below.

2018-03-01_10-23-58.png

Edit > Toolbar...

2018-03-01_10-31-32.png

Move to toolbar

2018-03-01_10-32-00.png

Good luck ya'll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no Edit - Tools menu, no traingle and no 3 dots at the bottom . I cannot find the paint bucket anywhere, very fusted. Adobe stop moving things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sagem8608751​

What version of PHotoshop do you have sagem?  You dont have a "Toolbar..." option at the bottom of your "Edit" menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! super super new to this and it's my first time ever using photoshop. how did you move the paint bucket tool into the toolbar? it tells me to drag and drop it but it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me. Thank  you! Still not quite sure WHY they would remove that...

Client PNG Logo > Image Size to Height of clients CMS system banner > Canvas Size to width of banner area > BUCKET TOOL to fill in white (because CMS system doesn't support transparant in 9/10 cases) > Save.

Bucket tool is an essential tool for that very specific job.

Can it be done with layers, and marking background as white - Yes.

Can it be done with rectangle or similar followed by flatten - Yes.

Is all other methods just slower and more difficult when the client needs the logo replaced *now* - YES!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this!  How frustrating .. to go an try to drop a pattern .. only to find the paint bucket missing.  [cursing removed by moderator] Adobe!

Those of us who have been using Photoshop for years .. don't have time while we are working to hen peck and figur eout where out tools have gone to!  Quit moving things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines